when was it made ?

Don Ellis

Forum Newbie
Threads
i just picked up a HHR2164vxa ser.mzcg7717838 that has drive problem not sure if under warranty:confused2: or if i should just fix it my self
already cleaned carb replaced roto stop assembly but wanted to check before attacking drive
cable good belt fine must be in tranny it self
any input would be great
Don

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
i just picked up a HHR2164vxa ser.mzcg7717838 that has drive problem not sure if under warranty:confused2: or if i should just fix it my self
already cleaned carb replaced roto stop assembly but wanted to check before attacking drive
cable good belt fine must be in tranny it self
any input would be great
Don

That mower was sold from a Home Depot store sometime in early 2008, so the warranty has long ago expired.

What exactly is/are the problems? It won't self-propel, or what? I can share some troubleshooting with you when I know the symptoms:

SYMPTOM
Proceed to the appropriate symptom and follow the indicated troubleshooting and repair steps.
1. Lawn mower will not self-propel when the Smart Drive is engaged. See page 2.
2. The transmission propels the mower, but slips or slows down under load. See page 3.
3. The lawn mower continues to self-propel when the Smart Drive is released. See page 3.
4. The lawn mower is difficult to roll backwards, but does stop propelling when the Smart Drive
is released. See page 4.
5. Only one wheel propels or one wheel intermittently stops rotating under load (clicking sound
can be heard). See page 5.
6. Transmission leaks oil. See page 6.