Toro Z Master Problem

drocksteady

Forum Newbie
Threads
2001 62" Toro Z Master
m 74226 s 2100001151
Kohler v twin 2000 hrs

Started a few years ago with the mower starting to spit and sputter very sparatically for no good reason at all. It started to do it more often then i replaced the pto switch and it ran like a dream for a month then started doing it again. so i replaced the key ignition switch and it ran like a dream again for a month then started spitting and sputtering sparatically again. i could still mow and what not but it just sounded like hell for a few minutes then would run great and a few swipes later sounded like hell again. really weird. I then replaced the two coils and it again ran like a top for a month or so then started doing the same thing. I can't figure out what the heck is going on with it. Then when i was mowing one day the mower just died mid mow and i figured out it was the parking break switch. so i hard wired it to make it so i could at least drive it. then to get the blades to turn on i had to hard wire a switch from two of the wires from the pto switch. Originally if the parking break was set it would turn on but the minute you released the parking break it would die. so when i wired it to be able to drive if i turned the blades on it would then die so that's why i had to hard wire a different switch from two of the pto wires. I went through the seat switch(hard wired it to bypass it because i really thought this was the problem), roll over sensor, two bar switches, relays, im not sure what the problem is. Also when i hard wired it to be able to keep mowing it STILL Ran like crap and now it runs like crap after the first minute of running and really pops and sputters now. At first i thought it was the valves but after replacing electronic components as i listed before it ran fine so I NEED YOUR HELP. Thanks!