18hp Briggs OHV won't turn over...

Harrelson7

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all, I just put a new battery on a Husky riding lawn mower and it will not turn over. All I hear is a click over below the carb. This is not a new mower, a friend brought it out for me to mow with. What am I missing? All help is appreciated. Thanks!

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
That is just the carb solenoid that you hear clicking, you obviously need to put on a brake or put in neutral, sit in the seat, turn off the pto, or something simple.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
But of course model numbers would be helpful.........

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Check the fuse/fuses...........

Mowerman99

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you have a test light and a helper, have them depress the clutch, and turn the key (make sure the blades are off mower is in neutral) FInd the starter silonoid (the red wire from the battery leads to it. put the test light on the small wire lead on the silonoid.( there will be 2 large wires and one or two small wires. if there are 2, one if the small wire just leads to ground never mind that one.) If it lights up when the key is turned but the motor doesn't turn over you need a silonoid. If it does't light up, its a fuse or a switch issue. Maybe not depressing a safety switch all the way or something simple. Good luck. ( its usually a silonoid) 14 - 20 bucks at any dealer