Snow Tonight

outdoors Joe

Threads
After a couple of weeks of spring-like weather, we're supposed to get a couple of inches of snow tonight. They're saying it could be heavier in some areas, and I sure do hope that's not where I live. It looks like I might be removing snow again.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Here in VA too -- I like snow, but just took the winter tires off the truck this week. Probably the ground is too warm for it to stick much.

Blade is on the Ventrac --- Just in case ! :wink:

HCBPH

Threads
Went through that last wednesday, got around 6" total. It was both wet and heavy. Got to be a little much for a 4hp 2 stage I have, but the 7 hp unit kicked it's butt. Seems like the later in the year it is, the wetter and heavier it gets.

Have fun.

abeja_reina_1989

Threads
Wow, how random! There hasn't been any snow here in a while. I can't imagine what I would do if that were to happen right now. I'm way too busy for that. I would worry about my fiancé getting to and from work.

noma

Threads
Hi HCBPH

Just wondering what part of the state you are from, i'm in the Southwestern part? Right next to the Iowa border and close to South Dakota to.We had no snow last night had about 1 inch on thurday night and friday morning

HCBPH

Threads
Hi HCBPH

Just wondering what part of the state you are from, i'm in the Southwestern part? Right next to the Iowa border and close to South Dakota to.We had no snow last night had about 1 inch on thurday night and friday morning

Minneapolis. We also didn't have any snow last night, it was last Wednesday we got the snow - about 6" total. I'm ready now for pretty much anything, got a quintet of snowblowers: 3 hp single stage; 2 stagers - 4 hp 20", 5 hp 22", 7 hp 26" along with one I'm finishing rebuilding now - a 10 hp 32" 3 stage.

That last snow, the 4 hp struggled with the wet stuffs weight but the 7 hp kicked. Wish I had the 10 hp ready to go then, would have been interesting to see how it worked.

Last edited:

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
It did snow over night here in VA - just enough to coat the ground with grass tips sticking up. Tar & Chip driveway is not white so it melted on contact and is now 32.5 outside so above freezing. :thumbsup:

outdoors Joe

Threads
We were spared the snow yesterday, but it's in the forecast for tonight. It's just supposed to be an inch or so, so I won't have to shovel or remove it. From what I've heard, the snow yesterday went north of us into Indiana. Still, the trees are budding out and it feels like winter outside.