Striping kit

Mbc

Threads
I had another idea on a striping kit. So here's a couple pics. As soon as I mow I'll post a pic.

Let me know what ya think???

Attachments

• image-1340352493.jpg
    image-1340352493.jpg
    491.6 KB · Views: 299
  • image-2884291599.jpg
    image-2884291599.jpg
    383.6 KB · Views: 312

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I had another idea on a striping kit. So here's a couple pics. As soon as I mow I'll post a pic.

Let me know what ya think???

That looks like a good setup but I would recommend that you find some type of "heavy" roller that would allow the metal shaft to go through it. That metal bar may not be heavy enough by itself.

Mbc

Threads
I've tried several differant kits that lay on the ground! They seem to jump around and bounce behind the mower. Not always in contact with the ground? On this idea! It doesn't touch but, it is 100% even on the contact surface.... We'll see....

Mbc

Threads
We'll it striped.........

Attachments

• image-1676026785.jpg
    image-1676026785.jpg
    671.3 KB · Views: 245

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
We'll it striped.........

That does look good!!!!! Depending on how much investment you made in materials you might have a sideline business making and selling those "kits":0)

Mbc

Threads
That would be nice:) I think I gave like $10 for the flat steel. I reused factory bolts/nuts. I was able to get round metal stock free from work. I like it cause it was cheap and simple!

rfmarney

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for getting back to us!

Rotary type mowers, by their nature, lift and cut so any roller or 'comb' (As we plan to use) has to be on the rear of the mower. We use the existing rock guard as a platform so height adjustment is never a problem.

Metal pipe and other such "home remedys" are dangerous for the very reasons you mentioned. Our bolt-thru system is time tested and will not wear off for years and years.

We are using "KICKSTARTER" to launch this product early next month and we truly value all of you input. (This is not just lip service I assure you!)

For people who purchase on Kickstarter the price is $30.00 (US) including shipping and an 'as long as you own your mower guarantee is implied!

As mentioned in another post, this 'has been done before' but ours has NO moving parts and can be used on almost any type of turf sod.

Plans for zero turn and riding type mowers are well into development but our focus on the home owner model is paramount right now.

For updates you can follow us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/LawnCombBrandLawnStriper?ref=hl

Mbc

Threads
That does look good!!!!! Depending on how much investment you made in materials you might have a sideline business making and selling those "kits":0)

We'll djdicetn I mowed again with my new stripe kit. I think you were right on it not being low enough to the ground. The stripes were barely noticeable from the last mowing. And they didn't come back as strong as they had before with the other kits.....

Thanks ........