toro recycler front wheel drive problem

murraymc

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've a toro front wheel drive mower and have just replaced the the axle bearings and a new cable but it's not working right!if you lift the wheels off the ground it turns and they spin quickly but as soon as any weight it is barely moving also you can't push it as the drive pulley belt grips and stops it can't figure it out!watched you tube videos can't see where I'm going wrong anybody any ideas?

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to LawnWorld!

We moved your thread to the Toro/Wheelhorse forum.

Mike88se

Threads
I've a toro front wheel drive mower and have just replaced the the axle bearings and a new cable but it's not working right!if you lift the wheels off the ground it turns and they spin quickly but as soon as any weight it is barely moving also you can't push it as the drive pulley belt grips and stops it can't figure it out!watched you tube videos can't see where I'm going wrong anybody any ideas?

Any possibility that the belt is stretched? Also make sure you got that cable attached properly at the trans.

murraymc

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks for the reply the mower hasn't been used and before I fitted the new bearings and holders it pushed easily as for fitting the cable this is where I looked on you tube and it is fitted as per video clip but the for me the gearbox is slanted forward and needs to be sitting back?then when you pull the lever it is pulled forward and power is transmitted through the belt if anything the belt is too short? supposedly such a simple design is causing me headaches literally!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Please post the units model and serial numbers. Two things that I feel are wrong. One, you have installed the drive gears backwards, they need to be flipped over. Two, as said earlier, need to replace the drive belt.

murraymc

Forum Newbie
Threads
it's a 2005 toro recycler and I never touched the gearbox side just replaced the axle bearings and holders which are not sided and you can only fit 1 way as a circlip groove is on 1 end,thanks for your thoughts

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I'm not talking about the gearbox, I'm talking about the axle drive gears. Model number is on a silver tag on the back of the mower.

murraymc

Forum Newbie
Threads
the model no. is 2005 and I don't understand what you mean as everything works the wheels turn in the right direction when no weight is on them and if you pull the drive pulley back a fraction it'll roll but then gravity takes over and it moves onto the belt it's frustrating as can't fathom it out!