Power King, Jim Dandy, anybody out there still own and or use one of these.

duffy260

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Power King, Jim Dandy, anybody out there still own and or use one of these.
Years ago we imported Power King to Ontario, Canada and sold them for some time. There are still a good number of the units we sold being used. Often wondered how many have survived over the years. I still have some accessories and attachments, great tractors, not pretty like the newer models but solid and functional.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to LawnWorld!

We moved your thread to the Mower & Equipment Buying & Pricing forum.

JasperJake

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just joined whatever the name of this group is today and am wondering how often people reply to their messages, if ever. I own and operate 5 1970's vintage Economy Power King tractors and know that there are a lot of them out here.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
This is mainly a lawn mower repair forum. Most replies are for that. Unless it is for a really popular subject. So it all really depends on what you have to talk about.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And it is not Face book so it is not compulsory for every one to respond in 0.05 nanno seconds.
I pop on when I am in the office looking up parts, ordering parts or writing invoices so it might be 3 times a day or once a week.
Most come here when they have a problem then leave when it is solved.
If they elect to get email notices than when some one dredges up an old thread they get a email and might pop back for a while.
It is not an enthusiast club website.
IF you really want to contact other Power King owners, then once a week or so hit the more link on the right then select the anyone from the pop up window
:anyone:
this will keep the thread active

kblackmer100

Threads
wish i had one

Padroo

Threads
I still have my Power King tractor I bought new back in 1979. I bought a new lawn building and gave it a comfortable retirement home. It has done everything I have ever asked it to.

It has the 18 HP overhead valve Kohler engine.
48 Inch Mower Deck
48 inch hydraulic loader
tandem transmissions
A Brantley LD6 backhoe on the back.
I put a new set of rear tires on it several years ago and new rims. The old rims were rough because they were liquid filled.

When I bought my country lot back in about 1980 I needed something that could do a lot of different things and mowing old cornfield was its first task. They really don't mow all that well
because they are all gear drive so you were stuck in a gear that was either too fast or too slow and having a loader on your mower is not a good idea either but it got the job done.
When I moved a mobile home onto my lot I needed a driveway and a septic system, the old Power King came through. I built a detached garage 32 x 40 and it did all the footers and back filling.
When I started my house I had an excavator come in and dig the basement but I did all the stone and sand and pushed all the dirt with the Power King. My house was sitting pretty far out of the ground and had to bring in a couple hundred loads of dirt for more backfill. Mostly what it needs is a good paint job and some new hydraulic hoses, most are original.
There wasn't the selection of small tractors back then, I suppose Kubota would have been the logical choice but back then people still didn't buy foreign.