Kubota ZD323 Running Problems -- Need HELP

mhtmtreespade

Forum Newbie
Threads
Need help diagnosing a problem with my zd323. It runs fine for about an hour. Then it starts to labor, like it is starving for fuel. We changed fuel filters at the end of last season. Air filter is good. Battery was replaced last summer. Thought it may be the fuel pump so we replaced it. Had to put a universal pump on because the shop would have to order it and we were hoping to get it up and running right away.

Any help would be appreciated

Mike

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Take out all the old fuel and look for water in it, try again with all new and clean fuel.

marvinlee

Forum Newbie
Threads
Need help diagnosing a problem with my zd323. It runs fine for about an hour. Then it starts to labor, like it is starving for fuel. We changed fuel filters at the end of last season. Air filter is good. Battery was replaced last summer. Thought it may be the fuel pump so we replaced it. Had to put a universal pump on because the shop would have to order it and we were hoping to get it up and running right away.

Any help would be appreciated

Mike

Too obvious to be likely, but check for radiator or radiator screen plugging.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Too obvious to be likely, but check for radiator or radiator screen plugging.

I have known one to have a problem like this, it turn out when I got there to have look at it, just needing a new fan belt.

MLhite

Forum Newbie
Threads
Take out all the old fuel and look for water in it, try again with all new and clean fuel.

How do you take the "fuel out" since I cannot find anywhere to drain the fuel?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
You use the fuel line. Remove from the carb and drain into something that will work with gas.

MLhite

Forum Newbie
Threads
You use the fuel line. Remove from the carb and drain into something that will work with gas.

I did not mention that this is a diesel Kubota without a "carb". So I guess I would remove the fuel line from the injector pump???

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
If it is a flexible line then yes. If you do not have a flexible line then you will have to siphon it out.