Looking to upgrade to 60" exmark vs gravel vs bad boy (or other recommend). Thoughts?

Vanousb

Threads
  • / Looking to upgrade to 60" exmark vs gravel vs bad boy (or other recommend). Thoughts?
Looking to upgrade to 60" exmark vs gravel vs bad boy (or other recommend). Thoughts?

Moved to 3 acre lawn home. My 10 yr old 50 in cub cadet zero down an feel its time to replace with a new mower. Looking hard at exmark pioneer 60 inch cut for 6900 and gravely 5400 or bad boy (or other). All 3 mentioned are carried local so service is close. Been researching for a while and know all brands have goods and bads at this level. Used a demo exmark and found it impressive. But its pricey. Just wanted to get some opinion from others who have a newer mower. Is extra 1500 cash worth it on exmark.

Nwatson99

Threads
  • / Looking to upgrade to 60" exmark vs gravel vs bad boy (or other recommend). Thoughts?
Re: Looking to upgrade to 60" exmark vs gravel vs bad boy (or other recommend). Thoug

Where you located Hillbilly?

Vanousb

Threads
Re: Looking to upgrade to 60" exmark vs gravel vs bad boy (or other recommend). Thoug

Just south of bowling green.

Nwatson99

Threads

Just south of bowling green.

Gotch'ya, if you had been up this way closer to Winchester, I was going to suggest checking out Flemingsburg there are a few dealers there that have just about everything so you could look around.

There are so many to chose from I just stayed with Green myself for the comforts and conveniences.

Good luck and hunting for the mower.

Vanousb

Threads

Thanks. Going with the mind set that spending a little more on a quality mower i can use for a long time will be better than going with two or three a lesser mowersover that same time is the better choice. Plaus i want to cut my time. Mowed my 3 acres with the exmark demo in well over half the time than my old zt cub cadet. Was a little shocked. Leaning for exmark because the dealer is 10 minute from my house and they seem to be close to if not the top of the line.
There is some peace of mind knowing the dealer and having them just out the door in cases needed. If I decided on exmark the next decision is the 52 inch vs the 60. Like the extra 3 inches tire difference and the improved air filter, and the extra horse power system on the 60. But its 1000 in price. Even a deal right now for suspension seat for same price (total perk).

Going to look at a bad boy this afternoon and a gravely tomorrowto compare.

Like hearing opinions of owners as this is my first big scale mower.

Last edited:

Vanousb

Threads

I have chosen to become the proud owner of an Exmark Pioneer S series 60inch ultracut series 4 foot lift deck with 27 hp kohler cv740 engine. After trying demos found the 23 x 10.5 tires and solid frame to offer best ride over my lawn. Also put a lot into the value of service being local. To me worth the extra cost to compared mowers.

Last edited:

Vanousb

Threads

image.jpgimage.jpg
I have chosen to become the proud owner of an Exmark Pioneer S series 60inch ultracut series 4 foot lift deck with 27 hp kohler cv740 engine. After trying demos found the 23 x 10.5 tires and solid frame to offer best ride over my lawn. Also put a lot into the value of service being local. To me worth the extra cost to compared mowers.

Nwatson99

Threads

Congrats man!!

spideytech

Forum Newbie
Threads

Congrats on mower.

This is exactly the situation I am in. I am seriously looking at a Pioneer S 60" but am very curious about the Bad Boys. What did you see/ find out when you demo'd the BB vs the Ex?

Any one else driven both and have an opinion?

Thanks

Vanousb

Threads

I personally liked the extra size tires (23 vs 20) on the pioneer 60 inch s-series. Felt the ride was better on my lawn. Also think the filter system and extra hp on this model was better than the bad boy. Both had version of easy clean out on deck (bb was lift up foot stage for middle clean up and exmark was pull offs for sides). I chose sides as the size makes middle easy enough to get to. I did struggled with cost difference. In the end i felt the cost is justified on the little extras on quality in all areas combined...engine, frame details, hydrolics, deck, etc.

Would also consider service (both location and quality) in the decision. Both exmark and bb dealers are local, but felt the guys at the exmark dealer were better for me.

I also looked at gravely. Found them to be more like bb end the end.

I found in looking it is like trucks. They all will say best. Some like ford, some dodge, others chevy. Pays to drive all and see what feels good to you.

Hope this helps. Let me know what you decide on.