Gravel cracked the window!

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
And it probably happened in about 1/3 of a second, too.

I remember mowing around the house once and a little pebble ricocheted off the concrete foundation and hit me right below the eye. From that point forward I started wearing eye protection while mowing. And I pondered the safety justification of a full cab enclosure on any future mower purchase. :thumbsup:

I have a set of satety singlasses that I wear along with ear muff to keep the noise down. Don't know I good they work when I have my Ipod plugged in me ears though.:confused2:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads

I remember mowing around the house once and a little pebble ricocheted off the concrete foundation and hit me right below the eye.
:thumbsup:

With the first several mowing after moving snow off the drives... It's good to keep in mind that there is apt to be a lot of gravel rocks and other things in the grass, that was not there last fall... Can't be too careful...
AND a full cab on a mower IS wonderful ... :smile:KennyV

pollyannasmum

Threads
It 's his own house and he looked a little sheepish when it happened. I'm in Suffolk, England, and I'll be checking my insurance before I mow around our windows as we've got gravel beside the lawn too. We've been lucky so far though I did get hit by a sharp stone thrown up by my strimmer last year.

Blue Corner

Forum Newbie
Threads

I remember mowing around the house once and a little pebble ricocheted off the concrete foundation and hit me right below the eye. From that point forward I started wearing eye protection while mowing. And I pondered the safety justification of a full cab enclosure on any future mower purchase. :thumbsup:

Why is it that flying rocks seem to target only the unprotected parts of my body? Is it just me? It's as if they have radar or some sort of guidance system. :laughing:laughing:

Slater

Threads
It 's his own house and he looked a little sheepish when it happened. I'm in Suffolk, England, and I'll be checking my insurance before I mow around our windows as we've got gravel beside the lawn too. We've been lucky so far though I did get hit by a sharp stone thrown up by my strimmer last year.

Not sure if your insurance works the same and I'm no insurance guru, but I would think even if you had coverage you would want to think if it is worth it before filing a claim. I know a friend had a pipe burst in her unfinished basement, so it really did no damage, but she filed a claim and sure enough, her insurance costs went up over something that was a $15 fix. If it can be fixed relatively cheaply, I don't file any claims. Maybe your insurance companies are better though who knows :smile:

173abn

Threads
I too broke one of my sliding glass doors with a weedeater once.I've got several pairs of safety glasses the only problem I have with them is I'm "hair challenged",nice for bald and the sweat don't have no way to get soaked up before it reaches my eyes.if they made safety glasses with wipers I'd get a pair. russ

Smartaleck

Threads
Not sure if your insurance works the same and I'm no insurance guru, but I would think even if you had coverage you would want to think if it is worth it before filing a claim. I know a friend had a pipe burst in her unfinished basement, so it really did no damage, but she filed a claim and sure enough, her insurance costs went up over something that was a $15 fix. If it can be fixed relatively cheaply, I don't file any claims. Maybe your insurance companies are better though who knows :smile:

Insurance companies are the same the world over and, as I'm also in England, I can second these wise words. I'd never claim for anything minor. Besides there is usually at least 」50 excess before they pay out.