Looking for pants recommendations for hot weather work.

panabiker

Threads
  • / Looking for pants recommendations for hot weather work.
Google for "hiking pants". Most hiking pants will suit your need. They are made of light, strong, non-cotton fabric that allows sweat to evaporate quickly and keep you cool. Some of them are rated for UV protection. The "convertible" ones can become shorts if the weather is really hot and humid. They are good for many outdoor activities.

Nwatson99

Threads
Summer pajama pants or BDU's, keep you cool and the sun away.
Now the Carhartt Khaki's are really nice and you would look better for clients, but one word of advice order them 1 inch longer than what you normally wear because they will shrink up an inch on the length.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Google for "hiking pants". Most hiking pants will suit your need. They are made of light, strong, non-cotton fabric that allows sweat to evaporate quickly and keep you cool. Some of them are rated for UV protection. The "convertible" ones can become shorts if the weather is really hot and humid. They are good for many outdoor activities.

This is what I use love convertable pants hiking pants love them year round

I also have some carhartt pants will agree 100% on 1in even possibly 2 in longer

Vervepipes

Threads
I wear thin cargo pants I got from Old Navy, they're thin enough that you can feel a breeze go through so they're very comfy in hot weather. Another option is surplus desert combat pants.

ss69

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've had workers who trim most of the day wearing shorts. As for me, I could not stand for the scrap to hit my legs. It just feels so yucky on my legs. And if I mow wearing shorts, my legs will blister in 2 hours of sun.

X-man

Threads
Jeans and bright colored shirt for visibility.

I only wear shorts when it gets really hot out (like 90°) but other than that I wear jeans. I can't stand it when I'm running the weed whacker and grass gets all over my legs. I shower in the morning so I try to avoid it as much as possible.

X-man

Threads
...And if I mow wearing shorts, my legs will blister in 2 hours of sun.

My arms, neck and face never burns because they're so used to being exposed to the sun.

The rest of me fries like an egg. I become a lobster.

13obrienjo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Over exposer to the sun is pretty serious, i always were long pants, a hat, sunglass's, and gloves, and a lot of days a light long sleve shirt. A girl in my younger sisters graduating class is dieing of skin cancer from over exposure to the sun. Just like that she found out her junior year she might not make it to her senior year because she spent to much time at the beach (she ended up walking at graduation, not sure what happened to her).