Helping friends

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Have a buddy with a toro 1642 time cutter He said it runs like crap like the choke is always on. I tell him bring it over and we will claim the carb and change the lines and filter. First thing I do is check the oil. Little bit on the end if the stick. Then check the gas this is when I lost my head there is a lot of grass in the tank. I looked at him and said take your mower and go home and never ask me to work on your mower again.

Last edited:

Mike88se

Threads
Have a buddy with a toro 1642 time cutter He said it runs like crap like the choke is always on. I tell him bring it over and we will claim the carb and change the lines and filter. First thing I do is check the oil. Little bit on the end if the stick. Then check the gas this is when I lost my head there is a lot of grass in the tank. I looked at him and said take your mower and go home and never ask me to work on your mower again.
lol... I have a friend like that.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
One thing I found out long ago, that if you work on your friends mowers for free, then you will always have a lot of friends, at
least when they want something fixed, if their stuff is running good, you won't see them....

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I do not mind helping friends or family with their mowers. But when they don't check the oil or clean the grass away from the gas cap. I won't help them.

I could see the grass sitting in the bottom of the tank. It looked like someone put handfuls of grass in there.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah, I had an old couple that I put up with for years, he had Alzheimers real bad, so I would go to their house. Half of the time
his wife would confide that she saw him filling the gas tank with a garden hose... So I never charged, but she knew what she was doing.... Played me like a little bass.......