Looking at a New Cub Cadet lawn tractor

gatorblade

Threads
Looking at the LTX 1045 Cub Cadet for my sister to mow her and Mom's yd. The 2 yds. next to each other total 3/4 acre with many mature maple trees and stuff. I trailer my Hustler 60" Ztr but that gets old and sis don't do Ztr's. Mom's Craftsman and Jacobson are done for. Sitting on anything is a dream compared to those 2 dinosaurs. Sis likes the 2 pedal forward/reverse hydrostatic type tractors. I'm not sure about electric blade engauge vs. manual. I've had a little problem with my electric on the Hustler. Actually it was my fault, I didn't know about checking the clutch plates clearance after so many hrs. Also been thinking about a bagging system.
I was goining to check the Husqvarna also, supposed th be made in N. Carolina. Sure sounds like import to me . Anyone know where the Cub Cadet is made?
Thanks for any input, Gatorblade

gatorblade

Threads
Took Sis to Tractor Supply. She fit better on the 46" ztr, seems the ztr mowers are growing on her. Did like the handle steering vs. wheel. Anyone out there have cub cadet ztr? I see Husqvarna has a Rz46i Endurance v-twin 23hp. about same siae cub were looking at for about same $. Pros-Cons?.
Thanks, gatorblade

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Took Sis to Tractor Supply. She fit better on the 46" ztr, seems the ztr mowers are growing on her. Did like the handle steering vs. wheel. Anyone out there have cub cadet ztr? I see Husqvarna has a Rz46i Endurance v-twin 23hp. about same siae cub were looking at for about same $. Pros-Cons?.
Thanks, gatorblade

You'll find a much better selection and get as good of deal if you can find a local Cub Cadet and Husqvarna dealer rather than looking at the big box stores like TSC, Lowes, etc. Don't know what your budget is, but I would recommend you check out the Cub Cadet Z-Force series or the Husqvarna M-ZT series. The M-ZT's are a bit pricier than the Husqvarna RZ series...but MUCH better built.

gatorblade

Threads
Thanks djdicetn,
Today I visited a dealer that sold Gravely, Skag, Hustler,and Husqvarna. I was favoring the Hustler only because Iv'e had a 60" Hustler Z for 12 yrs. with no problems. I mow just over 3 acres and only have 500 hrs on it so its just broke in. The Husqvarna and Hustler 42" had welded decks VS.the Cub Cadet's stamped. I believe the Gravely and Skags also were welded. The Cub Cadet 42" was the same price at Home Depot, Tractor Supply, and dealer $2500. The Husqvarna and Hustler 42" were $3000 and seemed to be a lot more mower. The 52" was $100 more if you could the extra "es. I just don't like the light weight mowers, but Iv'e always mowed enough to justify a comercial type mower. I guess I'm looking for the best 42" residential and with your comments I believe I'm getting close to a decision. I don't know when I will be able to mow again, having 3 days of rain and more the rest of the wk. Our dry-land fish are really comming on now, your's are probably gone. By chance are you near Celina or Burkesville near Pea Ridge?

gatorblade

Threads
Sis test drove a Hustler Raptor 42" today. That was it so we ordered one at the dealer and pick it up next week. The only feature I didn't like was to adjust the seat you had to loosen 4 bolts and slide. Not to bad unless there are more people using the mower.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks djdicetn,
Today I visited a dealer that sold Gravely, Skag, Hustler,and Husqvarna. I was favoring the Hustler only because Iv'e had a 60" Hustler Z for 12 yrs. with no problems. I mow just over 3 acres and only have 500 hrs on it so its just broke in. The Husqvarna and Hustler 42" had welded decks VS.the Cub Cadet's stamped. I believe the Gravely and Skags also were welded. The Cub Cadet 42" was the same price at Home Depot, Tractor Supply, and dealer $2500. The Husqvarna and Hustler 42" were $3000 and seemed to be a lot more mower. The 52" was $100 more if you could the extra "es. I just don't like the light weight mowers, but Iv'e always mowed enough to justify a comercial type mower. I guess I'm looking for the best 42" residential and with your comments I believe I'm getting close to a decision. I don't know when I will be able to mow again, having 3 days of rain and more the rest of the wk. Our dry-land fish are really comming on now, your's are probably gone. By chance are you near Celina or Burkesville near Pea Ridge?

I think you will be pleased with that Raptor....did you get the SD series???? It won't be as good as that Hustler Z you have...but Hustler don't make no junk!!! Be sure to ask the dealer about the recall fix on the clutch assembly which is causing a few new Raptors to break a belt or tension spring. Most likely Hustler has corrected this on newly assembled Raptors but it's still worth asking about. Nope...I'm located in middle Tennessee(Mt. Juliet in Wilson County, just outside Nashville).

gatorblade

Threads
Thanks djdicetn, you made me feel better about the Raptor. I liked the SD better, but from the get go we decided we needed a 42" cut and the SD starts at 48". With that and the SD being more bucks were happy with it. I will ask how their comming with the clutch fix.
Thanks much, Gatorblade