RPM Lawnboy Iron horse 8fh11lb

Jim S

Threads
Lee,

Very nice work!! What did you seal the float with?

Jim

unclelee

Threads
Lee,

Very nice work!! What did you seal the float with?

Jim

I used Seal All, you can pick it up at autozone for a few bucks a tube..You will see on the lable that it is gas and oil resistant.

SGRIFF144

Threads
That's insane! I only hope that mine will look half as good as that. I purchased a replacement coil on ebay like you referenced earlier in this thread. Where did you find a replacement spark plug wire? I tried NAPA this evening without any luck and I will try a local mower repair shop tomorrow when they are open.

unclelee

Threads
My plug wire is original...I clipped about 1/4" off the coil end.
But if you need a vintage plug wire...think Harley shop.

SGRIFF144

Threads
Lee,

The coil I purchased off ebay had a pointed metal pin coming out of the bottom where the spark plug wire should attach. I purchased a spark plug wire at Autozone that was close to the correct diameter. I trimmed the end and inserted it into the coil. If I was sophisticated and had a continuity tester, I'm sure that I would be able to test the connection. However, I will use more of the trial and error method.

I took your advice and used "seal all" to coat the cork float. I think I will apply one more coat to ensure that everything is sealed properly. I just ordered new points and a condenser off ebay. Have you had any luck locating aftermarket decals for your mower?

Sean

unclelee

Threads
The only decal I am aware of is the one for fuel oil mix on the tank...and I havn't found it yet. But I have a while, it still has to go to paint.

LB8210

Threads
In regards to spark plug wire, you should only use solid core not carbon core resistor wire when servicing magneto ignition. It is available at any Johnson & Evinrude outboard motor dealer.

unclelee

Threads
In regards to spark plug wire, you should only use solid core not carbon core resistor wire when servicing magneto ignition. It is available at any Johnson & Evinrude outboard motor dealer.

That is good info...thanks for the reply

unclelee

Threads

Just gave the old deck a quick wash down. Think I have enough original paint to get the color matched