Bought a new home, do not know what kind of grass is in the lawn, ways to identify?

njlawnmower

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Bought a new home, do not know what kind of grass is in the lawn, ways to identify?
I live in NJ. Recently moved to the new home. I was wondering to know what kind of grass is this, are they some ways to identify.
Best I can post pics of grass to identify what type of grass is this. See the attachment.

Attachments

• IMG_20140504_095709.jpg
    IMG_20140504_095709.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20140504_095720.jpg
    IMG_20140504_095720.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20140504_095728.jpg
    IMG_20140504_095728.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 47

possum

Threads
  • / Bought a new home, do not know what kind of grass is in the lawn, ways to identify?
First picture looks to be a little of everything and most of it well established. The second one looks like a warm season grass with cool season mixed in. From the picture looks like Bermuda grass on the warm season stuff but who knows by a picture. Third one looks to be more warm season with some cool season along with some wild garlic or onion or both. Pretty nice lawn really. Start mowing it and make some plans for plants and an improvement or two to keep you interested and have fun. What does your neighbors lawns look like?

njlawnmower

Forum Newbie
Threads
First picture looks to be a little of everything and most of it well established. The second one looks like a warm season grass with cool season mixed in. From the picture looks like Bermuda grass on the warm season stuff but who knows by a picture. Third one looks to be more warm season with some cool season along with some wild garlic or onion or both. Pretty nice lawn really. Start mowing it and make some plans for plants and an improvement or two to keep you interested and have fun. What does your neighbors lawns look like?

Our neighbors lawn also looks pretty much same. Thought they have started mowing. Today i ordered greenworks electric lawn mower, let's see how it goes.