Hello from Charlotte NC Husky MZT 52 or World Lawn Cobra

koobiidoobii

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Hello from Charlotte NC Husky MZT 52 or World Lawn Cobra
Hello,

I am shopping for my first ZRT. I am not sure if this is the right place to post a questions. I was very sure I am sold on the Husky MZT 52 until by accident I came across WORLD LAWN in Nebraska. Yes, I know that a Chinese company bought out Encore in 2011 but the part are American made and built. It was shipped to China for assembly for cheap labor and sent back to the states to sell. It looks well built. It has all the quality of a commercial grade. It is priced very competitive to the MZT 52 with stronger tranny, FXkawasaki 22hp, 7 ga deck, 12 gal tank. I was talking to the owner and he had a customer inside at the time and the customer said he has 6 of them for his business with several hundred hours with no issues. Now I am a home owner and have 3 acres to cut. I also know these are overkill for me but I am trying to buy the most ZRT for around $5500 otd.

Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Koob

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello,

I am shopping for my first ZRT. I am not sure if this is the right place to post a questions. I was very sure I am sold on the Husky MZT 52 until by accident I came across WORLD LAWN in Nebraska. Yes, I know that a Chinese company bought out Encore in 2011 but the part are American made and built. It was shipped to China for assembly for cheap labor and sent back to the states to sell. It looks well built. It has all the quality of a commercial grade. It is priced very competitive to the MZT 52 with stronger tranny, FXkawasaki 22hp, 7 ga deck, 12 gal tank. I was talking to the owner and he had a customer inside at the time and the customer said he has 6 of them for his business with several hundred hours with no issues. Now I am a home owner and have 3 acres to cut. I also know these are overkill for me but I am trying to buy the most ZRT for around $5500 otd.

Koob

I'd go with the Cobra it's twice the mower. The FX Kawasaki is a lot better engine than the Briggs on the MZT 52. About everything on the Cobra is heavier duty. I personally run the Toro Grandstand 36" and I've been looking at the World lawn Venom 52" to put with it and I believe it's as well built as my Toro with the exception of the height adjustments but for the price I don't think it's a bad choice and I think the Cobra is definitely the better of the two mowers you're looking at.:thumbsup:

koobiidoobii

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the reply. I thought the same. It is twice the mower...my thinking is that being a mower with a Chinese owner might hurt resale value in 5 yrs if I were to sell it compared to the Husky.

Heus

Threads
If it was assembled in China I would make sure your dealer checks every last nut and bolt for tightness.

koobiidoobii

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am going back to look at the Cobra this weekend. I also checked around to see how many dealers that are selling these World Lawn and surprisingly, there were 9 dealers within a 100 radius from me with the closest one just 5-6 miles from me. Gonna try to work on price too. I might just take a chance on it. It seemed to be very well built. The 48 inches was priced at $5700 otd with a $250 discounted for cash. The 50" starts over $6000. The website said 10 gal but he said 12 on the one I looked at. There is a gas gauge and a switch between the 2 tanks. This is a heavy machine at 992 lbs. Much heavier than MZT 52 at 730 lbs.

koobiidoobii

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'd go with the Cobra it's twice the mower. The FX Kawasaki is a lot better engine than the Briggs on the MZT 52. About everything on the Cobra is heavier duty. I personally run the Toro Grandstand 36" and I've been looking at the World lawn Venom 52" to put with it and I believe it's as well built as my Toro with the exception of the height adjustments but for the price I don't think it's a bad choice and I think the Cobra is definitely the better of the two mowers you're looking at.:thumbsup:

Do you have any experience with World Lawn mower or are you suggested based on the mower specification only? It does seemed to be better build with commercial grade material. When I asked the owner, he did point out that they are all Commercial grade mowers. After looking at the $5000 range mowers, I dont even want to consider any cheaper mower under $4k. They now look cheap and cheaply built.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am going back to look at the Cobra this weekend. I also checked around to see how many dealers that are selling these World Lawn and surprisingly, there were 9 dealers within a 100 radius from me with the closest one just 5-6 miles from me. Gonna try to work on price too. I might just take a chance on it. It seemed to be very well built. The 48 inches was priced at $5700 otd with a $250 discounted for cash. The 50" starts over $6000. The website said 10 gal but he said 12 on the one I looked at. There is a gas gauge and a switch between the 2 tanks. This is a heavy machine at 992 lbs. Much heavier than MZT 52 at 730 lbs.

Do you know exactly which HyfroGear trannies come on the Cobras? The website doesn't give detail specs(ZT-2800, ZT3100, etc.), it just says HydroGear pumps & motors. One would think for the price it would have serviceable trannies.

serelaw

Threads
Hello,

Koob
Only the King cobra has the bigger Hydros according to this page.Click Here
Good luck with whatever you get :)

koobiidoobii

Forum Newbie
Threads
The tranny is a 10cc Hydro gear and a Parker Gear. Commercial Dual integrate Hydro gear vs. a 3400 is a single unit built in. Was told that it is design to run 8 hr a day everyday very similar to the Bad Dog CZT tranny.