Hustler Raptor SD

lynxridge

Threads
I am considering buying the Hustler Raptor SD ion either 48 or 54, I haven't decided on size yet. Should I be concerned with the recent recall on the clutch and that the model is new (although from what I read it is basically the Sport line they used to carry)? For the money it seems like the best ZT out there. The other one I am considering is the Gravely ZT XL. It seems to be comparable to the Raptor SD in build and price.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am considering buying the Hustler Raptor SD ion either 48 or 54, I haven't decided on size yet. Should I be concerned with the recent recall on the clutch and that the model is new (although from what I read it is basically the Sport line they used to carry)? For the money it seems like the best ZT out there. The other one I am considering is the Gravely ZT XL. It seems to be comparable to the Raptor SD in build and price.

I love my Gravely, but to be honest with you out of the whole Gravely line I was least impressed with the ZT XL. If I were recommending a Gravely to you for comparison to that Raptor it would be the ZT HD. If you can afford to move up a series you would love the Pro-Turn(more comparable to the Hustler Fastrak SD). The Raptor is a new model but I looked at the FasTrak and FasTrak Super Duty and was very impressed. I just got a bettter deal on the Gravely and everything I was looking for. Good luck as you shop and become overloaded with technical data!!! There's a lot to the ZTR's to consider(engines, trannies, deck build/gauge, etc.)

MRCo.

Threads
The recall is extremely minor and should be nothing that should affect your decision- your unit will be rectified anyway. All the recal is just the addition of a washer and spacer to the clutch securing stud to prevent the clutch from tilting and wearing the bearings, no safety issue. The RSD is a great mower, lots of features and great build for the money. the 54" is only $100 more and the wider tires make it look awesome. Beware that both models have been selling like hot cakes and are back ordered, so if your dealer is out of stock you will have about a 3 week wait.

lynxridge

Threads
If I could afford to go to the next model up I would, but I am trying to keep it under $4000, or as close to that as I can get it. I guess if I am going to buy one soon I had better get my order in! I looked at Kubota Kommander yesterday and they looked real nice, but they want $4600. But it does have a good warranty. I have a Gravely dealer about 15 min from my work so I might skip over just to look at the ZT XL and whatever else they might have in the showroom. The other conundrum I have is what to do about a grass catcher. I get a ton of leaves in my yard in the fall and I have a few customers I do it for. Right now I have a Snapper tractor with a triple bag setup that works ok. Maybe I will just hold on to that for those jobs. Buying a bagger with the mower would really push the price up.
Has anyone used those Accelerator or Pack 'em steel/aluminum side cans?
Thanks for the responses guys. Any and all advice is much appreciated! I am definitely suffering from information overload. Day after day after day of googling and researching. My head is about to explode. I just want to buy one to get my life back to normal :smile: