No Start Electrical Help Needed Not Electrical Expert

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / No Start Electrical Help Needed Not Electrical Expert
Murray/Swisher/Yard Pro
425018x06A

Replaced starter solonoid cause it melted and all I got was clunk sound when turning the key. Replaced with aftermarket solonoid Rotary part number 3319. Murray part number is 1002004MA. Now I have nothing when turning the key. I have continuity on all safety switches, key switch, and solonoid. I have 12v on the terminal tab on the solonoid when putting DVM negative lead on + side battery and DVM + lead on the terminal tab of solonoid. I can jump the new solonoid with a screwdriver and the engine will crank over. Starter has 12v when DVM - lead on - side of the battery and + lead on the starter stud. Fuse is good and using 15amp fuse according to the wiring diagram. Wont crank when parking brake is in engaged either when using the key. I have no power going to the solonoid wire that goes on the terminal when clipping the DVM negative lead to the metal frame of the mower and DVM postive lead to the wire that hooks to the terminal on the solonoid.

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
Here pics of the old solenoid.

ForumRunner_20140425_164712.png

ForumRunner_20140425_164646.png

Mikel1

Threads
So you have 12+V on battery side cable input on solenoid and no voltage when cranking on small wire that hooks to terminal(tab)? Is this correct? It's been a long day so I may have misread.

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
So you have 12+V on battery side cable input on solenoid and no voltage when cranking on small wire that hooks to terminal(tab)? Is this correct? It's been a long day so I may have misread.

Thats correct. I also have 12v on terminal post on the solonoid also when having lead on the terminal and the other on battery post.

Mikel1

Threads
I see you tested the safety switches, do all appear to be fully opening/closing? Ground wires are good and tight?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Murray/Swisher/Yard Pro
425018x06A

Replaced starter solonoid cause it melted and all I got was clunk sound when turning the key. Replaced with aftermarket solonoid Rotary part number 3319. Murray part number is 1002004MA. Now I have nothing when turning the key. I have continuity on all safety switches, key switch, and solonoid. I have 12v on the terminal tab on the solonoid when putting DVM negative lead on + side battery and DVM + lead on the terminal tab of solonoid. I can jump the new solonoid with a screwdriver and the engine will crank over. Starter has 12v when DVM - lead on - side of the battery and + lead on the starter stud. Fuse is good and using 15amp fuse according to the wiring diagram. Wont crank when parking brake is in engaged either when using the key. I have no power going to the solonoid wire that goes on the terminal when clipping the DVM negative lead to the metal frame of the mower and DVM postive lead to the wire that hooks to the terminal on the solonoid.

http://www.swisherinc.com/media/documents/ZT1436_18542_2250.pdf

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
I see you tested the safety switches, do all appear to be fully opening/closing? Ground wires are good and tight?

Yes ground wires are tight and safety switches appear to opening/closing.

Mikel1

Threads
Figured I would ask to make sure but you do have 12V to the key switch?

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
Figured I would ask to make sure but you do have 12V to the key switch?

Yes I have 12v to the key switch. I even tried a new switch and still no nothing. It has to be safety switch. Going make long piece of wire with a nail on it. Then bolt it on the positive side of the battery and start solonoid terminal then work my way by by following wire by applying 12v when holding nail and turning the key on each safety switch.