Chains & weights Rear weight carrier or wheel weights or Rimguard *traction issue*

usammartin

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Rear weight carrier or wheel weights or Rimguard *traction issue*
Good evening forum,
New Husky owner on board here. YTH24K48 using on a hilly strong 1 acre of Iowa lawn, yes Iowa does have hills on the Mississippi River side.
I am struggling with traction all too frequently. I have been looking at the Husky Wheel Weights, the Husky Rear Weight Carrier and do not see these as the solution I perfer. The Wheel Weights I have read can shear the valve stem off, the Rear Weight Carrier does not appear to fit the bill in its design or heavier weight.
I like the Cub Cadet Rear Weight Bracket Kit model 490-900-M060 that has the vertical suitcase weight mounting. Anyone know if that has been used or slightly modified for my mower?

I have looked at the RimGuard website and this looks like a cost effective way to gain some weight quickly and inexspensively. Your thoughts on this product.

I do not access to making my own bracket, yet can drill some holes if that is needed to modify another manufactures bracket.

I do not think I need lugged tires, the JD I had previously(smaller size mind you) had 100# hanging off the back with standard tires and gave me little problem with loosing traction.

I would appreciate any positive guidance.