New to LMF

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
I been on TBN for a while and just joined LMF. I have a new Massey GC2400 and an real old MTD Turf Power. Also mow with my mother's Craftman L1000. How to help out where I can,:thumbsup:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I been on TBN for a while and just joined LMF. I have a new Massey GC2400 and an real old MTD Turf Power. Also mow with my mother's Craftman L1000. How to help out where I can,:thumbsup:

WELCOME TO LMF :thumbsup: Love that pic of your Massey...looks like a really mean mowing machine. I am sure you will be a real asset here, thanks for joining!!! :smile:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome! :thumbsup:

That pic of your massey is a good one, a serious machine!

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Hey, thanks for joining. :thumbsup: I'll echo what the others said... that's a nice Massey! Do you use the MTD for tighter areas or as a backup machine?

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey, thanks for joining. :thumbsup: I'll echo what the others said... that's a nice Massey! Do you use the MTD for tighter areas or as a backup machine?
I have about three acres to cut between my place and my moms. Used to use the MTD and my mom's Craftsman to mow and it took about 3hrs. Bought the Massey in the fall of last year and cut my mowing in half. Just use the MTD for trimming where the Massey's ROP will not let me get at.:biggrin:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have about three acres to cut between my place and my moms. Used to use the MTD and my mom's Craftsman to mow and it took about 3hrs. Bought the Massey in the fall of last year and cut my mowing in half. Just use the MTD for trimming where the Massey's ROP will not let me get at.:biggrin:

Read my post in this forum about garden tractors vs CUT's, you sure opened a can of worms....:laughing:

Doesn't the ROPS fold down? The one on my JD does but it's still so high I have to be very careful going under our fruit trees.

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
Read my post in this forum about garden tractors vs CUT's, you sure opened a can of worms....:laughing:

Doesn't the ROPS fold down? The one on my JD does but it's still so high I have to be very careful going under our fruit trees.
No ROP does not fold down.:mad: the GC2410 model with the backhoe does though.:confused2:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
No ROP does not fold down.:mad: the GC2410 model with the backhoe does though.:confused2:

To me, a ROPS that will not fold down tends to limit where you can go with a mid size tractor. If the one on my JD didn't fold down it would not fit under a standard 7 foot high overhead garage door.

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
To me, a ROPS that will not fold down tends to limit where you can go with a mid size tractor. If the one on my JD didn't fold down it would not fit under a standard 7 foot high overhead garage door.
Don't have that problem, just trees. I trimmed them high enough for the MTD, I guess I will have to trim them higher now for the Massey.:smile: