using synthetic oil in zero turns?

Carmineb48

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all, new here!
I havea 1997 Ford f150 I traded a customer a year of service for. The truck had 320,000 miles on it (broken odometer) 3 years ago when i got it and the engine is still strong though obviiously, with age, it has other issues now.

The customer told me he used synthetic oil in the whole time as did i. So i am wondering if it would be a good idea to use in my exmark, kawaski 19hp engine? any thoughts?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello all, new here! I havea 1997 Ford f150 I traded a customer a year of service for. The truck had 320,000 miles on it (broken odometer) 3 years ago when i got it and the engine is still strong though obviiously, with age, it has other issues now. The customer told me he used synthetic oil in the whole time as did i. So i am wondering if it would be a good idea to use in my exmark, kawaski 19hp engine? any thoughts?

You can use if you want to.
When it comes to oil just use what ever you think is the best.

Please do not ask what oil is the best.

The word OIL just starts a lot of problems on here as you will get 200 comments and no two will say use the same oil.

Mower Doctor 78006

Threads
If you run synthetic just change at the same intervals as conventional. I know synthetic is supposed to give longer change intervals............ Look at your owners manual for recommended hours for changes. I change my riders between 50-100 hours. Always be sure you install a good oil filter if it uses one. Be sure you check the oil before each start up. Sometimes using synthetic the engines will use more oil.

The word OIL just starts a lot of problems on here as you will get 200 comments and no two will say use the same oil.

Mike88se

Threads

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
If you run synthetic just change at the same intervals as conventional. I know synthetic is supposed to give longer change intervals............ Look at your owners manual for recommended hours for changes. I change my riders between 50-100 hours. Always be sure you install a good oil filter if it uses one. Be sure you check the oil before each start up. Sometimes using synthetic the engines will use more oil.
It used to be said that using synth in a vehicle that had only used dyno would leak from the seals. Is that not considered true anymore?

Carmineb48

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks people.
I went ahead and did it. I get my filters from the Exmark dealer , so I am assuming they are good ones.

I also have a Hustler 52", with about the same amount of hours on engine. I will run reg oil thru
and see if there is much difference/power etc as I use both alternatively.

I do check oil every morning as well as fuel and clean air filters.
REplaced the hustler engine once, no fault of mine as i bought it used, @ $2000. and my once brand new
exmark engine, my fault, gaskets for not reading manual/changing oil, supposedly, on time. Won't/can't afford to
make those mistakes again.

Mower Doctor 78006

Threads
There's many things I have seen and experienced......... I didn't want it to be a 200 response post over whether synthetics are good, or bad. I have always used the rule stick with the oil you Prefer from the start. Iam leaving that up to the Poster.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

It used to be said that using synth in a vehicle that had only used dyno would leak from the seals. Is that not considered true anymore?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
There's many things I have seen and experienced......... I didn't want it to be a 200 response post over whether synthetics are good, or bad. I have always used the rule stick with the oil you Prefer from the start. Iam leaving that up to the Poster.

I agree just use what ever you like.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just do or follow the manuals recommendation, use and run what it says, the manufacturer knows best.:thumbsup: