ZTR Lift

Av8r

Threads
Just picked up a 500LB mower lift at TSC! Put Gator G6 blades on the Ferris getting ready for mow time! :licking:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 58

The Don'z

Threads
Looks great,, I use a 2000 lb engine hoist to life my Dixie Chopper and jack stands to stabilize it while I change blades.

Av8r

Threads
Looks great,, I use a 2000 lb engine hoist to life my Dixie Chopper and jack stands to stabilize it while I change blades.

That will work, wish I had an engine hoist, but storage space is an issue, so this item fit the bill for being small, but can't pick an engine. :frown:

Nice thing about this unit is that it has steel safety catches, so you do not need to put jack stands under it. Clever design (but it only has one purpose)

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
That will work, wish I had an engine hoist, but storage space is an issue, so this item fit the bill for being small, but can't pick an engine. :frown: Nice thing about this unit is that it has steel safety catches, so you do not need to put jack stands under it. Clever design (but it only has one purpose)

We use the one we got from Harbor Freight. Have been using it now for a while with NO problems.

edd

Threads
i always drive it up on the tailgate of the trailer

X-man

Threads
I know lawn tractors are different, but...

If I'm sharpening/changing blades I just remove the mowing deck.

If I need to lift the tractor up for repairs, I just use the floor jack in the trunk of my car.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I know lawn tractors are different, but... If I'm sharpening/changing blades I just remove the mowing deck. If I need to lift the tractor up for repairs, I just use the floor jack in the trunk of my car.

Sometimes it's just faster and easiest to just remove the deck.

I can have the deck off before they get the mo jack out and ready

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
On my zero turn I think I will keep using the jack.

ss69

Forum Newbie
Threads
I use a floor jack with the top plate removed (too tall) and I put a rod in the saddle hole of the jack that keeps the deck from slipping out from under the jack while it is raising up. Also, I use a 4x4 or a 2x4 piece of wood that I slide between the deck and the mower. Then, or course, I put a jack stand under each side of the deck (being careful to not block the blade rotation), and remove the jack. By using an air wrench, you don't need to block the blade to remove, but it is always advisable, when installing, to always check the blade tightness with a torque wrench or a long box wrench and the use of a wood block. Also, with the wood block between the deck and the belly of the mower, you can easily remove the belt from 1 pulley to allow the blades to turn freely to check level of blade tip heights.