Stihl trimmer trouble starting

Bomba

Threads
It would not fire up of course.

Bomba

Threads
I need to watch a video on how to do this.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes, the plug is wet.

OK then your getting gas and I don't believe it's a carb problem. Your flooding the machine and it's soaking the plug, that's why it wont start. Have you replaced all the filters and cleaned the spark arresting screen and change the primer bulb?

Bomba

Threads
OK then your getting gas and I don't believe it's a carb problem. Your flooding the machine and it's soaking the plug, that's why it wont start. Have you replaced all the filters and cleaned the spark arresting screen and change the primer bulb?

Excuse my ignorance, but where is the spark arresting screen? Air filter is clean, primer bulb looks and works fine.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Excuse my ignorance, but where is the spark arresting screen? Air filter is clean, primer bulb looks and works fine.

It's on the side of the muffler. You will need to remove the shroud /orange cover, three screws, two in the back one in the front. you'll see a cover on the side of the muffler and there is a screw that holds the screen, remove it and lift out the screen using a pair of needle nose pliers. Use a wire brush to remove the carbon build up and replace the screen and put things back together.

Bomba

Threads
It's on the side of the muffler. You will need to remove the shroud /orange cover, three screws, two in the back one in the front. you'll see a cover on the side of the muffler and there is a screw that holds the screen, remove it and lift out the screen using a pair of needle nose pliers. Use a wire brush to remove the carbon build up and replace the screen and put things back together.

Thanks Ric. I'll give it a shot. All the family coming over tomorrow for Easter lunch, I hope I can fix it and have the yard looking good.

Bomba

Threads
Will the spark plug still work?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Will the spark plug still work?

Yes it will work. I don't know if everyone does this but if you take a cigarette lighter and hold the center electrode of the plug over the flame it will dry it out and don't worry you wont hurt the plug. It just burns the excess gas and oil off the plug. Let me know how the screen was?

Bomba

Threads
Yes it will work. I don't know if everyone does this but if you take a cigarette lighter and hold the center electrode of the plug over the flame it will dry it out and don't worry you wont hurt the plug. It just burns the excess gas and oil off the plug. Let me know how the screen was?

Thx. Ok I'll let u know.

Bomba

Threads
No luck. I cleaned and dried the spark plug and cleaned the spark arrester screen. It won't even turn over. Nothing. I almost grabbed it and smacked it against a tree! I'll just go to the dealer on Monday.