Kohler Command Pro 18 (CV18-61557) Valve Cover Leak

• Thread starter Deleted member 38187
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 38187

This is on an Exmark zero turn mower. Oil has been leaking out of the left valve cover so I ordered a new gasket and got that installed. Still leaking. I did not see any cracks in the cover, but can these things become warped? Possibly due to heat from the exhaust? I see a valve cover kit from Kohler is only $21, so maybe I should give that a try.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Next time off set the cover on something flat like a table saw table and go 'round with a gauge of some kind. Make one up by stacking feeler gauges or metal strips. Still , it would seem the fasteners would draw down the cover if is a stamping.

D

Deleted member 38187

Next time off set the cover on something flat like a table saw table and go 'round with a gauge of some kind. Make one up by stacking feeler gauges or metal strips. Still , it would seem the fasteners would draw down the cover if is a stamping.

Thanks. I went out this morning and inspected the bottom side of the cylinder head and valve cover with a mirror. I am now wondering if it may be the cylinder head gasket leaking instead. Need to clean it up under there a bit, then fire it up and watch with the mirror with better lighting conditions. Yesterday I was doing it outside and the sun was competing with the flashlight I was shining up under the valve cover, so I really couldn't see under there very well.