bent rear axle

joeb123

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Ferris 0-turn mower. After the first season I used it I noticed the inside of the right rear tire had a spot about 1.5 inches wide beginning to wear, all the way around the tire, more than any other part of the tire. I thought it may be some kind of defect in the rubber. During the second season the slick spot keep getting worse, so I moved the right tire to the left side and the good left tire to the right side. By the end of the season I noticed that tire beginning to wear in the exact same manner. I contacted the dealer about this. They had no idea why this has happened. The only thing I think it can be is the right rear axle is bent upward. The first tire that was on the right rear is ruined. If it does not go flat before the end of this cutting season the other tire will be ruined also. Just wondering if anyone has had any problems like this and what I might do about it. Thanks.

gregjo1948

Threads
I think,if the suspention is weak or lower on that side, it would cause the tire to wear the inside more. Almost seems to me, you can adjust it stiffer. If it was a bent axle, I think it would cam up&down as it rotated. Jack it up and spin it around to check it. This insde wear on a car would be caused by the camber being wrong. The bottom of the tire needs to be adjusted inward towards the machine. I don't remember how the drive motors are fastened to the chasis. There might be a way to adjust or shim to get the correct camber. gregjo1948