Lawnboy 7265 recoil issue

mmanter

Threads
Hey guys,

I recently bought a 7265 Lawn Boy for $20 and was trying to see what it would take to start it. It needs a spark plug but more importantly when I pull the cord the pinion gear doesn't like to engage to turn over the engine. It sortof reminds me of a car that when you try to start the car it turns the starter but does not crank the engine but just spin freely.

My question is , is there a way to fix this or do I just need to replace the recoil? If so does anyone know the part number?

impalass

Threads
Hey guys,

I recently bought a 7265 Lawn Boy for $20 and was trying to see what it would take to start it. It needs a spark plug but more importantly when I pull the cord the pinion gear doesn't like to engage to turn over the engine. It sortof reminds me of a car that when you try to start the car it turns the starter but does not crank the engine but just spin freely.

My question is , is there a way to fix this or do I just need to replace the recoil? If so does anyone know the part number?

https://lookup3.toro.com/Ill/1x/5/5705/8027028C.gif
The part number for the pinion gear is 607547. Easy fix.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Is part number 18 there? It catches on a tab and that pushes the gear into the flywheel.

mmanter

Threads
Is part number 18 there? It catches on a tab and that pushes the gear into the flywheel.

That I'm not sure on. I think so since it engages once in a blue moon but not all the time. I'll pull the cover off & take a look.

robinb66

Threads
You may be better off replacing the little part they are talking about, its a wire in a funny u shape that sits around a groove on the gear, sometimes if it is stretched out of proportion it won't work also make sure that the two ends are on top and bottom of the little ledge that sits in front of them, if both ends are on the same side of the ledge regardless of top or bottom the gear won't jump out and catch!!

mmanter

Threads
You may be better off replacing the little part they are talking about, its a wire in a funny u shape that sits around a groove on the gear, sometimes if it is stretched out of proportion it won't work also make sure that the two ends are on top and bottom of the little ledge that sits in front of them, if both ends are on the same side of the ledge regardless of top or bottom the gear won't jump out and catch!!

Anyone have the part number to the spring? Without the part number I'm unable to find the right part.

Last edited: