Second time out ...

mlmartin

Threads
... was much better than the first (badly bent blade).

I took my Cub Cadet 1046VT mowing last weekend. No problems, except for operator error.

This is the first time I've had a bagger on a riding mower. I've learned that wet isn't good. It tends to clog the chute. I also found out that without the bagger, I can mow grass that is nearly as tall as the hood of the tractor pretty successfully. I probably went too fast as I had to go over it again to get the cut level.

I likes it.

Matthew

ReggieDeere

Threads
Yes, wet grass can definitely be a pain in the you know what. If you are having a lot of trouble with your mower getting clogged up, you might want to think about setting the mower to a higher setting. You might be cutting it too short which can easily clog up your blade. :wink:

JimmyWeb

Threads
Interesting, I was looking at mowers and was thinking about using a bagger for my new grass. I didn't know that it could create so many problems. Thanks for sharing.:smile:

... was much better than the first (badly bent blade).

I took my Cub Cadet 1046VT mowing last weekend. No problems, except for operator error.

This is the first time I've had a bagger on a riding mower. I've learned that wet isn't good. It tends to clog the chute. I also found out that without the bagger, I can mow grass that is nearly as tall as the hood of the tractor pretty successfully. I probably went too fast as I had to go over it again to get the cut level.

I likes it.

Matthew

mlmartin

Threads
Interesting, I was looking at mowers and was thinking about using a bagger for my new grass. I didn't know that it could create so many problems. Thanks for sharing.:smile:
It wasn't so much wet grass, though that would cause problems, it was wet leaves left over from last year. The symptom was leaves and grass flying out around the deck. The fix was easy, stop, take the chute off and empty it out. After that, either slow down or take the bagger off.

Matthew