PB760 vs PB770

plpauly

Forum Newbie
Threads
Anyone know the major differences? There must be something since the price is about $100 different.

Threads
Anyone know the major differences? There must be something since the price is about $100 different.

The PB-760LN blowers are low noise blowers rated at 65db, while the 770 has more air volume (better performance to move the large debris). But the 760 is also a bit heavier.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

The PB-760LN blowers are low noise blowers rated at 65db, while the 770 has more air volume (better performance to move the large debris). But the 760 is also a bit heavier.

LMF is right. The 760 is for use in noise sensitive areas, places where the HOA has restrictions against noise. The big thing about or against the 760 is its weight of 26lbs which is IMO extremely heavy for a blower. If your looking for that type of blower I'd look at the BR 500 Stihl it has the same noise level db of 65 but it weighs in at 22lbs and cost $479.95. Personally I just purchased the BR 600 for the same $479.99 and it will out perform either of the others your looking at.

bgarfinkel

Forum Newbie
Threads
It looks like most of the body and features are the same between the two. Does anyone know if you can take the muffler tube off of the 760 to get the performance of the 770 when noise isn't an issue?

Threads
It looks like most of the body and features are the same between the two. Does anyone know if you can take the muffler tube off of the 760 to get the performance of the 770 when noise isn't an issue?

That's a good question, and one I don't have an answer to, personally. The differences between the 760LNT and 770T is that the 760 has significantly less CFM, and a little less air speed, and is also heavier (now that I look at it). I don't know if these 3 differences are all because of the noise-dampening tube, or if there is some other component. I know they use the same 63.3cc engine, but the exhaust area of the blower looks a bit different. If you don't get a response here you might want to ask Echo...they replied to my questions before: Questions about ECHO Products, FAQs for ECHO Products | ECHO USA