Looking for Small Engine Courses

Romore

Threads
I did the same as MowLife.The course gave me a good grounding in air cooled engines but little on the equipment they powered. It did allow me to get my foot in the door and be productive as I progressed, most shops are reluctant to train from scratch during the busy season. The local dealer has a couple of high school students part time through the spring and summer but they spend their time uncrating and cleaning up, they get little bench time.

Ckn087

Threads
I went through Penn foster myself but I'm sure there are way better courses than them. Still taught me many things but like alot of guys are saying, hands on is everything. Still need to know the basics at least. And fixing up junkers are a great way to get started as well. I occasionally watch YouTube but be careful and use common sense as I have saw some that wasn't right. For instance someone saying to clean an engine, take out spark plug to prevent starting and use engine degreaser and hose down. That would ruin it once that water got into the internals. I too would love to find manuals, DVDs, and more up to date courses as some of what I have learned is out of date you might say. But as I have worked on engines etc I have tries to keep up with the new technology.