LT1045 2007 Blade speed slows down in thick grass

LT1045wrh

Threads
  • / LT1045 2007 Blade speed slows down in thick grass
Hi Everyone,
I haven't had this problem in the past, but when I was mowing the other day, the grass cuts fine but when I reach a thick patch (not anything the mower can't handle), the blades seem to slow way down. This has never happened before. I can hear the blades. Odd, but I know my mower noises and know something isn't right. It cuts fine, but this is something new. If I slow the forward movement way down to a crawl, no problem, but I can't go so slow all the time. It would take forever. It seems like the clutch is slipping, does that make any sense?
Thanks for your input.
Prof H :cool:

Threads
Hi Everyone,
I haven't had this problem in the past, but when I was mowing the other day, the grass cuts fine but when I reach a thick patch (not anything the mower can't handle), the blades seem to slow way down. This has never happened before. I can hear the blades. Odd, but I know my mower noises and know something isn't right. It cuts fine, but this is something new. If I slow the forward movement way down to a crawl, no problem, but I can't go so slow all the time. It would take forever. It seems like the clutch is slipping, does that make any sense?
Thanks for your input.

Sounds like the deck belt is worn down, or a pulley is going bad.

Deerlane

Threads
Make sure idler arm on deck that has the spring is free. A lot of times they will rust tight at the place where it bolts to the deck because its not lube at all. Then the belt slips under a load.

LT1045wrh

Threads
Thank you, I think the belt is just worn out. I have an extra belt, so I'll change it out and see if that fixes the problem. I don't hear any odd noise from the bearings and I don't see any bad rusting at the pulley spring, so we'll see what happens.
Thanks for the help,