Need help making a decision on which Zero-Turn to buy

dspeck501@hotmail.com

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Need help making a decision on which Zero-Turn to buy
I have been looking at different Zero-Turn brands and would appreciate everyone's input/opinion.

I currently mow 3 Acres, which is flat.

Looking at the Husqvarna M-ZT 52, Husqvarna M-ZT 52 - Zero turn mowers

Seems like a solid mower...Heavy Duty Frame, Large Tires, Foldable ROPS, ZT3400 Hydro's, Kawasaki Engine, 10 Gauge Fabricated Deck, no too happy with the chain hung deck though.

The only thing that it seems to be lacking is a Donaldson Air Filter.

I've been looking at the Gravely Pro-Turn 152 HDX, but am having a hard time justifying the $2,480 price differnce.

I've also looked at Hustler, Kubota, and Bad Boy. I kinda want a Commercial Grade Zero-Turn to ensure long lasting durability.

Any thoughts/input/recommendations?

Thanks!

Last edited:

clpolcar

Threads
Hosted fastrak SD would be a good mower. The toro titan MX would be good. The titan you can get for around 5500 the hosted is going to be over 7000. You also could get a ferris for around 6000. I just bought a ferris is600z for 4999 plus tax. It had under 8 hours on it. Just moved to grass to back in shop. You could also look at exmark pioneer but you can get a toro with better components for cheaper. Same mower just different color.

Carheir

Threads
I have been looking at different Zero-Turn brands and would appreciate everyone's input/opinion.

Seems like a solid mower...Heavy Duty Frame, Large Tires, Foldable ROPS, ZT3400 Hydro's, Kawasaki Engine, 10 Gauge Fabricated Deck, no too happy with the chain hung deck though.

I've been looking at the Gravely Pro-Turn 152 HDX, but am having a hard time justifying the $2,480 price differnce.

I've also looked at Hustler, Kubota, and Bad Boy. I kinda want a Commercial Grade Zero-Turn to ensure long lasting durability.

Thanks!

What is your issue with chain hung decks? From all that I have been told and through research, a chain hung deck is highly desirable. Or is it this particular one?

dspeck501@hotmail.com

Forum Newbie
Threads
I don't have much info about chain hung deck vs. link hung deck.

I remember reading somthing in the past that didn't reference a chain hung deck as being a positive thing.

Definitely would appreciate any info that you may be able to provide.

Parkmower

Threads
Chain hung = commercial. Most high end commercial units have chain hung decks.

A_tank96

Threads
Chain hung = commercial. Most high end commercial units have chain hung decks.

Chain Hung equals good. The deck takes more abuse. I'm pretty sure the Donaldson Air filter is a plus as well. I grab the Husqvarna. You will be more than happy with it.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

Thanks!

How much of a budget are we talking about?

The chain suspension design provides excellent flotation over uneven terrain, if you can couple the chain suspension with the floating front end or axle you'll have a lot better riding mower. The chain suspension are also easier to adjust than the fixed deck.
Out of the mowers you've mentioned the Gravely Pro Turn 152 is the best mower for the money in my opinion. It can be had with the 22 hp Kawasaki FX engine, it has a 7 Gauge deck, a full suspension seat, and has Hydro-Gear w/Pump & Wheel Motor, it would be worth the extra $2480. Another mower you may want to take a look at would be the Toro Z-Master 3 or 4000 mower or maybe the Toro 52" Grandstand.

Last edited:

dspeck501@hotmail.com

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the info/input!!!

I get the chain hung deck, Gravely has a new Link System that is designed to be the best of both worlds. Thoughts??

I have a Hydro Question? Is there really a big difference between Hydro-Gear ZT-3400 & Parker HTE10? I seem to prefer the Hydro-Gear, but would like input.

I seem to have narrowed it down to the Husqvarna M-ZT52, Gravely Pro-Turn 150 XDZ, and Hustler X-One i. I will also take a look at the Toro's this weekend. I'm probably going to eliminate the Husqvarna since it's a MTD mass produced product.

I found a 2013 Hustler X-One i with 22 Hours for $6,500, but I have to admit that I'm not crazy about the Parker Hydro's and Cast Aluminum Spindles. Thoughts/Input?

Sorry for all of the questions? But it's a big purchase that I will live with for some time, and want to make sure I spend my money wisely with no regrets.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks for the info/input!!!

I get the chain hung deck, Gravely has a new Link System that is designed to be the best of both worlds. Thoughts??

I have a Hydro Question? Is there really a big difference between Hydro-Gear ZT-3400 & Parker HTE10? I seem to prefer the Hydro-Gear, but would like input.

I seem to have narrowed it down to the Husqvarna M-ZT52, Gravely Pro-Turn 150 XDZ, and Hustler X-One i. I will also take a look at the Toro's this weekend. I'm probably going to eliminate the Husqvarna since it's a MTD mass produced product.

I found a 2013 Hustler X-One i with 22 Hours for $6,500, but I have to admit that I'm not crazy about the Parker Hydro's and Cast Aluminum Spindles. Thoughts/Input?

Sorry for all of the questions? But it's a big purchase that I will live with for some time, and want to make sure I spend my money wisely with no regrets.

To start with Husqvarna has nothing to do with MTD, there not Mtd Mass produced. The Hydro gear ZT 3400 is for mid-range commercial applications then you can move up to the 4400 or 5400 series each is heavier duty. The Parker HTE 10 is there entry level and would be similar say the Hydro gear 2800/3100 drives, it's for a lighter application.Then they have there HTJ like the Hydro gear 3400 which is there commercial and the HTG is there Professional model. I surely wouldn't worry about anything that Parker is producing. If you found a 2013 Hustler X-One i with 22 Hours for $6,500, that would be sitting on my trailer in a heartbeat. That puts everything else you mentioned to shame.

Parker Hydrostatic Transmission Video DemoParker HT Series Integrated Hydrostatic Transmission

Last edited:

dspeck501@hotmail.com

Forum Newbie
Threads
Okay...new a new model has been added to the mix:

Looked at a Ferris 700 & 2100 today. They have a dealer in my town, and I really like the suspension that they offer.

Anyone have any info or input on Ferris, the 700 or 2100 models, the suspension, or quality of cut?

I think that I am now down to the Gravely Pro Turn 152 XDZ & the Ferris 700 or 2100.