Help with grass that wont green up

derekeh83

Forum Newbie
Threads
I know very little about lawn care other than to just keep it mowed. Much of my front lawn rarely greens up any time of the year. I'd like to fix this but I'm unsure where to start. I'm unsure of the type of grass but I have taken pics so maybe you can help me identify it and what I should do to fix it. Thanks.

ForumRunner_20140330_203736.png

ForumRunner_20140330_203724.png

ForumRunner_20140330_203704.png

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't know what type of grass you have but what year is the ramcharger ?
I have a 85 was the same color is now primer grey.

derekeh83

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ramcharger is 88. Been a great vehicle and I drove it regularly up until a couple years ago. The steering has so much play in it now that its a pain to drive so I just parked it. Hoping to fix the steering next month and put it back on the road.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Try a good fertilizer mix and try to aerate the lawn either with a core or slicer aerator you just need to loosen the soil and get it some nutrients and water and sunlight

possum

Threads
Your trees look dead. Your lawn looks dead. The area in the distance looks to have great ground cover, and very nice looking trees. If it were me and no more than a person can know from a picture and no other real information I think I would start with the shocking contrast between the area away from your yard and your yard. Then I would go from there.

Threads
I know very little about lawn care other than to just keep it mowed. Much of my front lawn rarely greens up any time of the year. I'd like to fix this but I'm unsure where to start. I'm unsure of the type of grass but I have taken pics so maybe you can help me identify it and what I should do to fix it. Thanks.

View attachment 19979

View attachment 19978

View attachment 19977

Is it getting enough sun, or are there trees shading it? It looks pretty open but which way does it take the sun during the summer/ growing season? Do you have any way of doing a soil test?

derekeh83

Forum Newbie
Threads
My trees are fine. They are just now starting to bud. The greener grass is my backyard and its a lot wetter back there. Too wet actually and stays swampy a lot. I plan to fix that this summer. As far as sun, my brown section of yard gets plenty of sun all parts of the day. How do I do a soil test?

Threads

derekeh83

Forum Newbie
Threads
Cool. I'll be home thursday and I'll go out and buy one.