Plastic cover on the mowing deck

fm12

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everyone from sunny France.
I`ve just had the deck off my MTD 36inch cut rideon to prepare it for the cutting season.
Its a pain to remove with the plastic cover in place,also grass collects under the cover.Can I leave the cover off because it certainly does not stop grass clogging round the belt pulleys.I cannot think of anything detrimental to doing this,anyone any ideas as to leaving the cover off.

Cheers Van

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hi everyone from sunny France. I`ve just had the deck off my MTD 36inch cut rideon to prepare it for the cutting season. Its a pain to remove with the plastic cover in place,also grass collects under the cover.Can I leave the cover off because it certainly does not stop grass clogging round the belt pulleys.I cannot think of anything detrimental to doing this,anyone any ideas as to leaving the cover off. Cheers Van

On some models the cover will have belt keepers built into them. If they don't then no need to put the covers back on

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you tend to want to put your fingers in the pulleys when the mower is running you might want to leave the covers on. It will hurt like hell. Other then that take the covers off and don't worry about them. :thumbsup:

Threads
Yep have you ever seen a foot that came in contact with a running pulley. I have its not pretty.. I know they are a pita but they serve a purpose too. I took mine off, and cut holes big enough for me to blow the grass out with an air gun. I would put them back on though.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I like that idea wirh service holes... I've never liked those plastic covers. They are a pita

fm12

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi and thanks for the replies.

Yes mine has belt keepers built into the cover,also my grandson is coming out from England in a couple of weeks time and will want to use the rideon so the cover will have to go back on.
I like the idea of large service holes to blow out the grass though.