2014 Craftsman.

Threads
I like Sears GT series. I got green GT3000 50in deck with snowplow on it. I also have red GT5000 48in deck that Im thinking about keeping and getting that big snowblower attachment for it for $1600 on the sears site that made by Agri Fab. I posted about GT5000 awhile back.

Yep the proclem with the 2 I have now is I cant put a sleeve hitch on either one so I would like to buy a new GT that allows for a hitch. I looked at the info on the Husqvarna, and it says you can get an electric lift hitch with it.

Howdy Doody

Threads
Anyone seen this mower yet.

Sears.com

I went at lunch today and looked at the 42" 7000 Pro Series with the Kohler engine. They even let me drive it around their back fenced in area which was fun since it had the fast transmission. I must say it was a very good looking mower. This model had the new "quick latch" for the blades which remains to be seen how good this will work. Here are some likes and dislikes on this particular model:

- Cool color scheme with the black and yellow.
- Nice seat. Not too low, but not a high back either.
- Amp gauge for the battery voltage on the dash.
- Hour meter looks nice and of good quality.
- Steering wheel was comfortable and good looking.
- Electric PTO switch.
- 4 scalp wheels.
- Single bar front bumper.

Dislikes:
- $1999 on sale from $2799. $2799 for this mower, this must be a joke.
- Plastic side shrouds on the hood looked really flimsy.
- They claim a 6" turning radius, I don't think so, no even close.
- Dumb top cover on the Kohler engine is a pain for checking your oil.
Husky model they had on the floor had this shroud incorporated into the hood.
In other words when you lift the hood on the Husky, the engine shroud goes with it.
- Has a fuel "window" between your legs and it looked to already be clouded up
where you could not tell how much fuel is in the tank.

Bottom line, for $2799, I would just go buy and X300 or another top of the line mower. For $1999, I would go buy
either a JD125 or an Cub LTX42KW.

Just my opinion.

Threads
I went at lunch today and looked at the 42" 7000 Pro Series with the Kohler engine. They even let me drive it around their back fenced in area which was fun since it had the fast transmission. I must say it was a very good looking mower. This model had the new "quick latch" for the blades which remains to be seen how good this will work. Here are some likes and dislikes on this particular model:

- Cool color scheme with the black and yellow.
- Nice seat. Not too low, but not a high back either.
- Amp gauge for the battery voltage on the dash.
- Hour meter looks nice and of good quality.
- Steering wheel was comfortable and good looking.
- Electric PTO switch.
- 4 scalp wheels.
- Single bar front bumper.

Dislikes:
- $1999 on sale from $2799. $2799 for this mower, this must be a joke.
- Plastic side shrouds on the hood looked really flimsy.
- They claim a 6" turning radius, I don't think so, no even close.
- Dumb top cover on the Kohler engine is a pain for checking your oil.
Husky model they had on the floor had this shroud incorporated into the hood.
In other words when you lift the hood on the Husky, the engine shroud goes with it.
- Has a fuel "window" between your legs and it looked to already be clouded up
where you could not tell how much fuel is in the tank.

Bottom line, for $2799, I would just go buy and X300 or another top of the line mower. For $1999, I would go buy
either a JD125 or an Cub LTX42KW.

Just my opinion.

Thank you for the hands on feedback.:thumbsup: I think I might just go with the Husqvarna Gt52LS.

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sears Craftsman mowers arent a waste money. Id own bunch of the Craftsman mowers. Replacement parts are cheap and affordable. Parts arent high like Husqvarna, MTD, Murray and the other dealer brand name mowers. I have no problem referring people to buy a Craftsman over anything else because how affordable the replacement parts are.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sears Craftsman mowers arent a waste money. Id own bunch of the Craftsman mowers. Replacement parts are cheap and affordable. Parts arent high like Husqvarna, MTD, Murray and the other dealer brand name mowers. I have no problem referring people to buy a Craftsman over anything else because how affordable the replacement parts are.

I agree. As much as I like my cub cadet I think the craftsman lawn tractors are the best buy for the money.

Threads

Yep they are good mine are in my avatar they have served me well so far.

Ean

Threads
My Intek has 550 hrs on it, and runs fine someone said they had a bad run around 2006, or so but have improved the issues now. I have a 2007 that I had to fix where it threw a rod in that series that where bad. But you can get this same mower with a Kohler too.

How did you fix the thrown rod well I guess it wouldn't be that hard if it didn't go through the side

Ean

Threads

There not bad if you don't use them for heavy duty stuff except the steering if I had a small yard I would get a craftsman