Repairs Should Have Been Done At Factory

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
I want to encourage all tractor owners, new and old alike, to perform this basic essential maintenance procedure. Safety first, use jack stands, remove both rear wheels and remove rust from axle using a scotch brite pad. Apply anti-seize compound liberally using an inexpensive paint brush. This will ensure that wheels will not seize to axle shaft.

Threads
I want to encourage all tractor owners, new and old alike, to perform this basic essential maintenance procedure. Safety first, use jack stands, remove both rear wheels and remove rust from axle using a scotch brite pad. Apply anti-seize compound liberally using an inexpensive paint brush. This will ensure that wheels will not seize to axle shaft.

Yep its a pita to get them off when they seize like that.

Boit4852

Threads
Great advice. Might I add that when I first tried to remove my blades for sharpening, they were on so tight that I had to use an impact wrench rate at 600 ft/lbs to remove the bolts. What the heck? I used anti-seize when I reinstalled the bolts and torque them to 80 ft/lbs. Spec is 65, I think. Point is, why would Exmark tighten these bolts down so much. Maybe it was the dealer's prep. Anyway, that sucked!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
They did not.
Blades self tighten in use which is better than loosening in use.
The 1300 ft lbs impact driver not being able to shift a blade bolt is a regular occurrence .
Probably have to cut 1 or 2 off each month.

primerbulb120

Threads
I only have a 250 ft/lb torque wrench, and I thought that was big... :confused2:

For what it's worth, Free All is a good penetrating oil to use on stuff like this...

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It was the biggest 1/2 " drive unit on the market. made for the open cut mines.
The landlord has a lot of old tractors and the 200 ft lb was not cutting it.
Eventually he bought a 1" drive and a Boomwade compressor to drive it.
The Boomwade will run 6 jackhammers.
I installed a hydrovane compressor with a 750 gallon tank.
The whole workshop is pneumatic.
Battery would have been better but I had a lot of pneumatic gear.
Got a petrol compressor in the on site trailer as well.