troy bilt

old farmer

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a troy bilt sickle bar mower and need to figure out how to adjust the cab. it seems to run slow and the cutting bar moves slow to me. thanks old farmer

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a troy bilt sickle bar mower and need to figure out how to adjust the cab. it seems to run slow and the cutting bar moves slow to me. thanks old farmer

Can you give us the model numbers off the engine?

old farmer

Forum Newbie
Threads
forgive me for taking so long to get back to you. the motor is a briggs and Stratton mod 114982 I think 4 hp.hope this helps.

old farmer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Can you give us the model numbers off the engine?
mod:114982 type:0184 01 code:89100604 briggs and Stratton 4 hp. I tried adjusting srews got it running but seems slow blades move slow. the trotal cable was lose I titened it down maybe not in right place?

Pumper54

Threads
Old Farmer, I don't know a whole lot about mowers but have been working on motorcycles for 40 years, when you adjust a throttle cable you want it to start in the fully closed position (0 % throttle) and when you have advanced to wide open (100% throttle) that is where you lock in the cable. You want free movement from 0-100% and back to zero. On a motorcycle you want the throttle to snap back but on a mower it is not so important. Make sure you lube the cables well, if possible remove the cable from the outer housing and clean it thoroughly then use "Dry Slide" cable lube on it and see that the outer cover is not kinked or pinched.

Good this helps somewhat
Tom