Murray Furry

Murry Furry

Threads
I got my mini rat rods motor running friday:thumbsup:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I got my mini rat rods motor running friday:thumbsup:

Are the rat rods furry? :laughing::laughing: Sorry, couldn't resist asking that, welcome to LMF, want to tell us why you picked that name?

Murry Furry

Threads
i didn't think of the spelling till now.:laughing:i meant fury:thumbdown:now i guess i'm going to have to roll with it:rolleyes:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
:laughing:

Now, instead of 'bad', you're 'cute'!

:laughing:

Welcome!

Murry Furry

Threads
thanks man, is that John Deere electric or pull. the john shown in your picture is almost what my Murray started out like. those little mowers put out a good effort. if it wasn't for my mowers motor so far gone, and wacky, and all the parts on it needing repair. i would of left it origanal, but i got it from a member of the family that used it as a go Kart, and it was hardly staying together. So i started to take pitty on the poor thing, and keep pouring money to get it back to snuff. then i ran out of money and time to try to hunt down all the parts for it. so i ended up desiding to do something different with it.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey,

Electric start 8hp 1987 JD R72. The rear axle in that thing came out of my old murray. It's got the tecumseh chain-final drive tranny in it. Sadly, it's got a band brake. That's gonna be rectified this spring with the murray's disk-brake equipped tranny box.

Murry Furry

Threads
Ya, the one I'm working on is a 1981 Murray 3-speed five horse, rear engine. The origanial motor that i ended up replacing with a twelve horse was a beast, but I had already spent what i could,and needed the money for other builds so i desided to give it a new motor. Anyway the old one had a bad set of valves, the rings were bad. i had to always be playing with the needle valvle setting, and after taking it a part i couldn't find were the metal shavings coming out of the pvc valve every time i checked. they were to large to rely be coming from the firing chamber. there is more, so much more, but the thing ran. depending on the day, and the way you looked at it. it may have worked like a dream, or be like your ex's. Just something you want to forget forever.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
i didn't think of the spelling till now.:laughing:i meant fury:thumbdown:now i guess i'm going to have to roll with it:rolleyes:

I am sure the forum administrator could enable your name change, especially so because you have so few posts here now.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey,

Electric start 8hp 1987 JD R72. The rear axle in that thing came out of my old murray. It's got the tecumseh chain-final drive tranny in it. Sadly, it's got a band brake. That's gonna be rectified this spring with the murray's disk-brake equipped tranny box.

You guys with the rear engine riders are probably a minority when it comes to grass cutters, to be honest, I almost never see people using them. Nothing wrong with being different...:thumbsup:

Murry Furry

Threads
That is because people like the look of a bigger mower. the small ones are simple, well powered, but don't make you the pride of the block. they are just for cutting grass, and pulling a lawn cart. there are no frill, unless you personaly add them. like i have, and am doing to mine.