Textron buying Dixie Chopper

Raw Dodge

Threads
I just found out that Textron bought Dixie Chopper ,not sure what to think of it,I guess it's better than a Dixie going out of business...

Threads
I just found out that Textron bought Dixie Chopper ,not sure what to think of it,I guess it's better than a Dixie going out of business...

They used to be involved in Bunton years ago.

gene_stl

Threads
Textron just announced that Dixie Chopper is being closed down.

I saw it in PET (Power Eqpt Trade News online). I wouldn't have noticed particularly except I just got a spreader sprayer that is built on a Dixie Chopper chassis. Several years old but runs good. A Turf Tracker. Bunton is long gone too.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Textron just announced that Dixie Chopper is being closed down.

I saw it in PET (Power Eqpt Trade News online). I wouldn't have noticed particularly except I just got a spreader sprayer that is built on a Dixie Chopper chassis. Several years old but runs good. A Turf Tracker. Bunton is long gone too.

Sad ....... Dixie Chopper is very popular in Florida market, SCHITT time of year to lose your job too, may all the $#@&%^^$#@ "suits" making this decision, contract an incurable disease of their anal-cavity and that's NO-SCHITT !... :mad:

https://www.rurallifestyledealer.co...on-of-dixie-chopper-jacobsen-zero-turn-mowers

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sad ....... Dixie Chopper is very popular in Florida market, SCHITT time of year to lose your job too, may all the $#@&%^^$#@ "suits" making this decision, contract an incurable disease of their anal-cavity and that's NO-SCHITT !... :mad:

https://www.rurallifestyledealer.co...on-of-dixie-chopper-jacobsen-zero-turn-mowers

It is not the suits who made the "wrong" decision, they are closing down Dixie because it can not make a profit.
They bought it when it was not making a profit and did their best to turn it around, but they failed.
If there was another company willing to give it a try, they would have sold the brand name to some one else in order to recoup some of the losses.
The fact they are closing down both brands completely speaks volumes about the health of the market.

The people who made the "wrong" decision are the 520,000 yard mowing American citizens who bought a cheap imported mower.

There was nothing particularly fantastic about Dixie's, got a couple in the run.
To survive you either have to be big enough to exploit economies of scale ( Deere ) or small enough to exploit the hand made special market ( Walker ) .
So the suits you need to throw schit at are the ones who work at Amazon, Ebay, Walmart, HF & Lowes or the ones who import junk from overseas, put a 300% mark up on it and flog it off to the greedy, selfish or just plain ignorant customers.

Textron seem to be doing things in a very honourable mannar, particularly in vowing to maintain some staff and to honour all warranties and maintain a parts inventory.
And in particular the last, maintain a parts inventory is extreamly expensive and one of the reasons why the Chinese junk is so cheap, they have no expensive service network nor parts inventory eating into their profits.

This will continue to happen while every free market junkie is hooked on totally unregulated capitalism

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well the brand in any case.
The question is are they going to make them in one of their existing plants or just rebrand something that is fully imported.