Hustler vs Big Dog

Carheir

Threads
Just curious, since both are made by the same company, what if any differences there are. I looked at the online info and I can't see any visible differences other than the paint job.

edd

Threads
big dog does not have the vx4 deck......i have a super duty and a big dog R754 and a big dog diablo......satisfied with all 3......will buy big dog in the future

MRCo.

Threads
Hustler, 1964. Big Dog was added to keep production humming by having two lines and therefore you can have more dealers. You don't want to have two Hustler dealers in a town, but you can have one of each with the two brands. Keeps the factory busy creating the stock, doubles the chances that your company will get a sale.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just curious, since both are made by the same company, what if any differences there are. I looked at the online info and I can't see any visible differences other than the paint job.

The differences you may not see. Differences like the motor size or type, How about Gas tank size and what about things like blade tip speed or perhaps the thickness or gauge of the deck or frames, and how about Transmissions. There's a ton of differences between the two units that you may not see but they are there. Comparing the Big Dog to the Hustler would be like comparing the Toro Titan to the Toro Z master mower. There not even close to the same, one is for the residential use or homeowner, the other for the commercial end.

edd

Threads
my diablo is the same fx 850 motor and 21cc pumps as the super z......14 mph ......difference is the diablo has the xr7 deck vs the vx4 on super z......demoed both on the day i bought it.......super z was 9800 otd......diablo was 7500 otd.......and the diablo has a more comfortable seat

BDMCO

Threads
Thank you for your interest in the BigDog Mower Co. brand. We are assembled on the same production line as the Hustler Turf which some differences noted on this thread.

We have made some positive changes to our BigDog line by rebranding it from BigDogMowers to BigDog Mower Co. with a new logo, wordmark and direction! Quality is our focus with a personal touch....like the craftsmanship that goes with a craft beer.

The BigDog brand was launched in 2009 so it is still very young but has the successful experience of a Hustler Turf brand that has been around since 1964.

We'll be glad to set the facts straight and would like to thank you for your interest.

Have a great Memorial Weekend in honor of those who allowed us to have properties to mow on!