Hustler vs Big Dog

Micko

Threads
Hello Micko,

I apologize for the delayed response but had to dig up some more information.

The BigDog northern deck is different from the VX4 in that it was made to enhance the cut quality on irrigated properties and for northern grass. It handles the fine bladed grass and does well for other grass but may not handle grass volume well so it would require slowing down. This would mainly be for our professional contractors.

VX4 is a great deck that optimizes productivity but may not give the quality we're looking for with the irrigated property or northern grass.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks again and I appreciate the effort!

I only ask all this as Ive had trouble with my deck and Im just wondering if Hustler/BD are doing something about it on future decks or coming up with modifications to sort the current VX4. By putting the big baffle on the North deck it seems to me Hustler/BD have had some negative feed back and made changes. If thats the case then why is there still nothing to fix the South deck? Hustler have known about the issues for a couple of years now!

I guess my question is, since there have been mods made to the North deck, is there any work being done on the South deck (standard VX4) to improve it?

Anyway, I appreciate the replies!

dshoffman77

Threads
big dog does not have the vx4 deck......i have a super duty and a big dog R754 and a big dog diablo......satisfied with all 3......will buy big dog in the future

For us newbies to this forum, what is the VX4 deck and how important is it for a 1acre residential lot. My property is hilly and moderatly rugged.

Micko

Threads
For us newbies to this forum, what is the VX4 deck and how important is it for a 1acre residential lot. My property is hilly and moderatly rugged.

The VX4 is the deck used on Hustler brand mowers namely, the X1 and the Super Z. There may be others, I dont know!

On your own one acre prop, minus house, drive etc, it means nothing to you if you can stay on top of the growth and cut once or twice a week!

Problems start when you try and make a living off the machine and every time you have to double cut it eats into any profit you may of made.

Dont sweat it, enjoy the Big Dog!

edd

Threads
you wont have to double cut with the older hustler deck......I rarely have to and it is just Bahia stringers if I do......many on other sites say they prefer the older hustler deck to the vx--4

wdrdoctor

Threads
After hearing a lot of negative info about the VX4 deck,and cut quality,I will be buying a wright zto with the aero core deck.

Micko

Threads
After hearing a lot of negative info about the VX4 deck,and cut quality,I will be buying a wright zto with the aero core deck.

Demo really well before buying anything! When I say demo I mean in all kinds of conditions. To demo in a slow growth period wont show what it will cut like in high growth times for example!

dshoffman77

Threads
So, I'm starting to narrow down to a few competitors.

Big Dog - Stout MP
Hustler FasTrak (not sure if this is commercial or not)
Cub Cadet Z Force Commercial
Kubota Kommander (again not sure commercial)

If the Big Dog rep could sway me, against comparable models of the above competitors... What would you say to make me buy the Big Dog?

Dave

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads

Big Dog - Stout MP

If the Big Dog rep could sway me, against comparable models of the above competitors... What would you say to make me buy the Big Dog?

Dave

The hustler fastrak sd has the fx series engine, which is kawasaki's heavy duty commercial engine. The hydros are hydrogear's zt3100. They are what some consider commercial. It is a very good mower. The fastrak has the fr series Kawi engine which is designed for residential applications. It also has the zt3100 hydros. I wouldn't consider the fastrak commercial, but the fastrak sd is what some would consider low end commercial. The kubota kommander is also a semi commercial/low end commercial mower. Both are very good mowers. I have no experience with big dog, but I am interested in some of the features I have read about. Such as the led lights, and the 7 year warranty. The stout mp has the heavy duty zt3400 hydros and the fx series engine, so if it is in the same price range it does offer a heavier drive train.

BDMCO

Threads

Big Dog - Stout MP

Dave

I apologize dshoffman, I didn't get a notification in regard to your post. I hope you're pleased with your new ztr!

Presscheck

Forum Newbie
Threads
Edd...what models of the BigDog do you have? What do you think we can improve on?

I very well may be purchasing an Alpha tomorrow but the one thing I would like to learn is what the lumen output of the LED's on the Alpha is ? There was no way to ask that question on their website and I was hoping someone here could answer that for me. Thanks.

Improvement for Big Dog Website : After we give you all the information about us, allow us to direct the conversation. To ask a question.