Hustler vs Big Dog

BDMCO

Threads
well lets see......i am looking right now for a mower that goes 10--11 mph......x diablo is plenty fast but i am looking for something in 11 mph speed range that wont weigh 1500 pounds......the old x-model is being phased out i understand and it fit that category......sat on an alpha and that seat will sell some mowers......also need a couple of hats sent down this way.......but i have been sold on big dog since i bouht the r-754 in 2011

Hi Edd.... visit our website and send us an email on our contact form. Residential and Commercial Zero Turn Radius Lawn Mowers and Tractors | BigDog Mower Co. We'll see what the nearest dealer can do for you.

BDMCO

Threads
Due this thread I tried to familiarize myself with BigDog,what is frustrating is I can't find the details of the 7 year warranty...its obviously a major draw for many however no details found.Any help out there? I live in zip 47041.

Hello chemingthroughtheleather! Our dealers would be able to break down the details of the warranty which differs on the product family such as the Alpha, Alpha MP, Stout MP...etc.

I know for sure we offer the most for our warranty in the industry. Hustler has one of the best warranty offers in the industry and we purposely offer more. Contact our dealer for specifics.

D

DSepe

Hello chemingthroughtheleather! Our dealers would be able to break down the details of the warranty which differs on the product family such as the Alpha, Alpha MP, Stout MP...etc. I know for sure we offer the most for our warranty in the industry. Hustler has one of the best warranty offers in the industry and we purposely offer more. Contact our dealer for specifics.

I'm very impressed with an actual Big Dog rep coming on this website to help potential customers. Looked at the Big Dog lineup and I'll be sure to keep them in mind next time I need a mower!

BDMCO

Threads
I'm very impressed with an actual Big Dog rep coming on this website to help potential customers. Looked at the Big Dog lineup and I'll be sure to keep them in mind next time I need a mower!

We'll be waiting for you DSepe! Feel free to visit our website and send us any questions you may have. We do a pretty good job responding to our emails!

Micko

Threads
Thank you for your interest in the BigDog Mower Co. brand. We are assembled on the same production line as the Hustler Turf which some differences noted on this thread.

We have made some positive changes to our BigDog line by rebranding it from BigDogMowers to BigDog Mower Co. with a new logo, wordmark and direction! Quality is our focus with a personal touch....like the craftsmanship that goes with a craft beer.

The BigDog brand was launched in 2009 so it is still very young but has the successful experience of a Hustler Turf brand that has been around since 1964.

We'll be glad to set the facts straight and would like to thank you for your interest.

Have a great Memorial Weekend in honor of those who allowed us to have properties to mow on!

Why did BigDog come out with a Northern and Southern deck? Hustler say there have been no problem with the VX4 but looking at the underside of the Southern BigDog and VX4 decks (60") there is little to no difference other than the added bracing on the front of the VX4 deck. Your Northern deck has the big baffle that kind of chambers the trim side and narrows the gap between blade and front of the deck.

Why did you find the need to add the baffle if the VX4 is so great?

BDMCO

Threads
Why did BigDog come out with a Northern and Southern deck? Hustler say there have been no problem with the VX4 but looking at the underside of the Southern BigDog and VX4 decks (60") there is little to no difference other than the added bracing on the front of the VX4 deck. Your Northern deck has the big baffle that kind of chambers the trim side and narrows the gap between blade and front of the deck.

Why did you find the need to add the baffle if the VX4 is so great?

Hello Micko,

Good question. The BigDog doesn't use the VX4 deck. There are similarities but they're not the same decks.

Micko

Threads
Hello Micko,

Good question. The BigDog doesn't use the VX4 deck. There are similarities but they're not the same decks.

I understand you/BD technically dont use the VX4 deck but the similarities are uncanny.

Since BD are related to Hustler, is there any way you could get some pics of the underside of both the VX4 and the BD deck? 60" deck! Line drawings will be fine!

You didnt really answer my question though. Why is there a North and South version of the BD deck?

BDMCO

Threads
I understand you/BD technically dont use the VX4 deck but the similarities are uncanny.

Since BD are related to Hustler, is there any way you could get some pics of the underside of both the VX4 and the BD deck? 60" deck! Line drawings will be fine!

You didnt really answer my question though. Why is there a North and South version of the BD deck?

The decks are engineered to optimize the cut quality for the different grass conditions found in the north versus the south. The southern decks 60" is as close to the VX4 as you can get, whereas the northern decks are unique to our BigDog brand.

I can get you in touch with a dealer to discuss the cut quality of our decks if you can provide me with your city and state.

Hope that helps.

Micko

Threads
The decks are engineered to optimize the cut quality for the different grass conditions found in the north versus the south. The southern decks 60" is as close to the VX4 as you can get, whereas the northern decks are unique to our BigDog brand.

I can get you in touch with a dealer to discuss the cut quality of our decks if you can provide me with your city and state.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for the information!
I own a Super Z with the VX4 already. Im just trying to understand the reason why there are 2 decks for the BigDog and only one (as far as I know) VX4 version.
From what I can make out, the only difference between the North and South decks is the addition of the front edge baffle on the North version.

Seeing that the VX4 and BB decks are so similar underneath, why is it that you found the need for that baffle when Hustler dont?

BDMCO

Threads
Thank you for the information!
I own a Super Z with the VX4 already. Im just trying to understand the reason why there are 2 decks for the BigDog and only one (as far as I know) VX4 version.
From what I can make out, the only difference between the North and South decks is the addition of the front edge baffle on the North version.

Seeing that the VX4 and BB decks are so similar underneath, why is it that you found the need for that baffle when Hustler dont?

Hello Micko,

I apologize for the delayed response but had to dig up some more information.

The BigDog northern deck is different from the VX4 in that it was made to enhance the cut quality on irrigated properties and for northern grass. It handles the fine bladed grass and does well for other grass but may not handle grass volume well so it would require slowing down. This would mainly be for our professional contractors.

VX4 is a great deck that optimizes productivity but may not give the quality we're looking for with the irrigated property or northern grass.

Let me know if you need anything else.