LLC.

mikeb1982

Threads
When you operate under an LLC it also locks in your company name to be yours and only yours, if you do a DBA then your name could be potentially be taken by someone who files for the same name but with the llc at the end. The name I chose for my company was already in use here in idaho but it was available in an llc so i took it. An llc is beneficial for larger companies for a few different reasons, one thing to think about is that you can list your members or managers in the public records and keep your name out of it for private reasons. You don't need to pay 1000 for the paperwork, google Registered agents in your area and get it set up for a couple hundred and usually for a hundred more you can get your legal statement.

mikeb1982

Threads
You know what I don't get is how come every time the subject of legalities or liabilities comes up with with lawn mowing everybody goes straight to talking about rocks getting flipped through windows. You know what's way more expensive than a window is accidentally killing someone. I was working at a very large lawn mowing company where one of the truck rear ended a 95 year old woman. now she did not die but she almost did and it wasn't even a bad wreck. The company still had to pay over $100,000. Here's the kicker, the lady was in the lane to go straight, she is going through the intersection with our truck behind her, she slammed on her brakes because she wanted to go left and our truck ran into the rear end. So the moral of the story is that crap happens so cover yourselves legally the best you can.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Got some very good points there! I am glad I have insurance!