Buying Advice Looking for a ZTR to cut 3 and a half acres

Petty4317

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good afternoon,
I am looking for advice on purchasing a ZTR. I am interested in spending 3 to 5 thousand. I have done a lot of reading on line and the reviews are all over the place. Specifically I am cutting a mostly flat (with the exception of the sand mound) yard. I know I need to try a few mowers but what series do I start with? Probably looking at a 48 to 54 inch deck. Welded is better than stamped. What brand should I be looking at and what series with in that brand? Thanks,

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I am partial to either the Kubota Kommander or Toro Titan, but you will get many more recommendations. My suggestion is to review threads in the Buying and Pricing Forum. That way you will see what many of the members feel about different units. After reviewing you should come back with specific questions on the units you have decided best fit your needs.

midwest

Forum Newbie
Threads
Like Rivets said, you will get recommendations for a lot of brands. I would suggest Husqvarna, but I have also heard good things about Toro and Ariens as well.

This site seems to have quite a few reviews of a number of different brands that you might find helpful.

Zero Turn Lawn Mowers @ Mowers Direct

I'm sure there are plenty of other places to find reviews too, but this is a good place to start.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Good afternoon,
I am looking for advice on purchasing a ZTR. I am interested in spending 3 to 5 thousand. I have done a lot of reading on line and the reviews are all over the place. Specifically I am cutting a mostly flat (with the exception of the sand mound) yard. I know I need to try a few mowers but what series do I start with? Probably looking at a 48 to 54 inch deck. Welded is better than stamped. What brand should I be looking at and what series with in that brand? Thanks,

If your looking to mow 3 and a half acres my first choice would be Toro but I'd skip the Titan and Look at the Z-Master ZTR, may be the 3000 or a Grandstand. Second Choice would be the Hustler Line Maybe the X1 or the Super Z

MRCo.

Threads
If Ric has a source of 3-5k X1 / SZs, I'll take 5! :)

I suggest the Hustler Raptor SD. It will do all you want and leave plenty of money to spare.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
If Ric has a source of 3-5k X1 / SZs, I'll take 5! :)

I suggest the Hustler Raptor SD. It will do all you want and leave plenty of money to spare.

I don't really need a source, those were my choices. If you want an X1 or a SZ for that price I have seen them for sale at that price on Craigslist. I personally wouldn't attempt 3 acres with any residential ztr on a regular basis, to me that would be a problem looking to happen.

Brucebotti

Threads
I would throw in a vote for the Toro MX5060. I only mow slightly more than an acre and I have only had it for one full season. It has less than 30 hours on it. Depending on where you live, that would put you at about 90-100 hours per year. Although it is technically a residential mower, it had many commercial-like features that I was looking for like a Kawasaki twin motor, a welded deck, and serviceable hydro drives. I think you would be able to get many, many years of service, with the proper maintenance. At $4,000, it is right in the middle of your range. Just my $.02 and worth every penny...:smile:
Bruce

jamesdelhomes

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good afternoon,

hey man its really very tough to select any one of the mowers available in the market. my best suggestion to you before buying you must read review at https://zeroturnmowers.review/. I think there is almost cover best options for you.