Kubota Kommander Z100 versus Toro Titan Advice

RustyBoy

Threads
Planning on purchasing my first zero turn and I'm having difficulty deciding on a brand mower. I have narrowed the choice to two mowers, a Kubota Z122E-48 and a Toro Titan ZX4800 (74851). The 2014 updated Toro is almost identical to the Kubota except that the Toro has a 4 1/2" deck versus the K's 5" deck. Toro has the Kawie engine versus the K's B&S. Tires and transmission are the same. Warranty is one year less on the Toro. Toro has a hitch while K does not but not a big deal as I would have liked towing a fertilizer spreader but Toro states that towing a spreader would provide to much of a strain on the transmission, so the spreader is out. Price on both are close with K presently being $4529 and the Toro at $5K without their customary $300 rebate, which would be at $4700. The only issue I have with the K is their lack of customer service - nobody to call to ask questions, and their e-mail responses have been ridiculous. I was told that the Kommander has a 3 point hitch which it does not have, even as an option. Kubota seems more oriented to the commercial sector rather than the homeowner. The Toro site provides spindle specs while K states (by e-mail and through dealer) this info is not available. Also was advised that K's parts are expensive as compared to other brands. Yet, I am partial to the K versus the Toro. Any thoughts?????

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Best advice I can give you is to read the similar threads listed at the bottom of this thread. Don't have to rehash what has been posted before.

RustyBoy

Threads
Best advice I can give you is to read the similar threads listed at the bottom of this thread. Don't have to rehash what has been posted before.

Thanks, that was a great help.