Mojack?? or alternative

LoCo86

Threads
If the cable breaks on the com along and hurts you dont come back here to cry the blues. Those cables on those are known to break over time.

Which do you think will stand the test of time of supporting under 300lbs a cable or the mo jack. I'm going with the cable it's not as if you're dragging logs with it.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
If the cable starts looking bad after a few years just spend the $6 at ace hardware and replace the cable.
Some people act like we are lifting a cat loader.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
If the cable starts looking bad after a few years just spend the $6 at ace hardware and replace the cable.
WOW....what a long, drawn out debate over lifting a ZTR for service!!! I don't have any way to use an "engine lift" mechanism, so I opted for getting the MoJack since my automotive hydraulic floor jack wasn't a viable option. I will say, however, that no matter what you use......be SURE to put decent jack stands to support it after getting the machine lifted. I say that because I had a 3 1/2 ton Craftsman hydraulic jack for about 10 years and used it to jack up my vehicles for oil changes. I never gave any thought to it....I just jacked it up and changed the oil & filter. A few months ago I was changing the oil in my wife's car, jacked it up and went in the house for something. When I came back out the car was sitting on the ground. I said to myself...."self, didn't you jack that car up"???? So I jacked it up again and noticed that every two times or so it lifted the vehicle it went back down a little....and after finally getting the car fully lifted I stood there and watched it drop back to the floor in about two minutes. Right then I realized why I had the jack stands that I never used and that "ALL" hydraulic(or otherwise) lifting devices CAN and WILL eventually fail. I went to Harbor Freight and got a good deal on a replacement floor jack(Sears no longer sold the one I had and I read some pretty bad user reviews of the current jacks)......but I must give the best advice given so far in this long thread(actually one user mentioned it earlier). When you lift "anything", especially a ZTR that weighs several hundred pounds or more....PLEASE secure it with some decent jack stands before getting underneath the machine. I can just picture me lifting that car with the old Craftsman hydraulic jack....crawling underneath it....and two minutes later needing to be rushed to the Emergency Room. Don't let that happen to any of you!!!!!!

Ralph

Threads
Absolutely. Or, as cheap as these things are, just buy a new one and save the hassle of having to replace the cable. I assume that the other parts will also wear over time. Nothing like having tools in top notch condition.
I just let my mower down from the come-along after mounting a replacement tire on the rim. Straightforward job except that the Carlisle tire I bought through Amazon was so warped by the strap attaching the invoice that nothing I tried could get the bead seated. I have a puny little 4 gallon compressor and it wouldn't deliver enough pressure long enough to make it happen.
After several tries, using a strap to force the bead toward the edge of the rim, and even trying to use WD-40 and a flame to create a mini explosion inside the tire, I finally ran out of all the profanity I knew, gave up, and drove the thing 19 miles into town to a mower repair shop. The owner had one of those tire blasters that finally worked on the third try. I offered him $20. He took $10. Wish I had of done that sooner. Smile on my face now.

Point37

Threads
just ordered the mojack pro (750 lb capacity) on amazon...the pro-lift 750 from tractor supply was more expensive...i'll have to get a set of jack stands from harbor freight for my tractor

John Fitzgerald

Threads
I did a lot of research on mower jacks, and looked at a few that were in stock. They would all hit the deck on my rear discharge Fastrak without having the wheels in the cradles. I opted for a high lift scissor jack and big jack stands. Less than $75 for both. Might be slower, but I am not in a hurry.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
WOW....what a long, drawn out debate over lifting a ZTR for service!!! I don't have any way to use an "engine lift" mechanism, so I opted for getting the MoJack since my automotive hydraulic floor jack wasn't a viable option. I will say, however, that no matter what you use......be SURE to put decent jack stands to support it after getting the machine lifted. I say that because I had a 3 1/2 ton Craftsman hydraulic jack for about 10 years and used it to jack up my vehicles for oil changes. I never gave any thought to it....I just jacked it up and changed the oil & filter. A few months ago I was changing the oil in my wife's car, jacked it up and went in the house for something. When I came back out the car was sitting on the ground. I said to myself...."self, didn't you jack that car up"???? So I jacked it up again and noticed that every two times or so it lifted the vehicle it went back down a little....and after finally getting the car fully lifted I stood there and watched it drop back to the floor in about two minutes. Right then I realized why I had the jack stands that I never used and that "ALL" hydraulic(or otherwise) lifting devices CAN and WILL eventually fail. I went to Harbor Freight and got a good deal on a replacement floor jack(Sears no longer sold the one I had and I read some pretty bad user reviews of the current jacks)......but I must give the best advice given so far in this long thread(actually one user mentioned it earlier). When you lift "anything", especially a ZTR that weighs several hundred pounds or more....PLEASE secure it with some decent jack stands before getting underneath the machine. I can just picture me lifting that car with the old Craftsman hydraulic jack....crawling underneath it....and two minutes later needing to be rushed to the Emergency Room. Don't let that happen to any of you!!!!!!

If you are 1/2 handy the failed part will usually be either the piston seal or the pump seal
They are replaceable items on most jacks and only cost a few dollars.
But you will need to take them to a hydraulic supply shop to make sure they are the right ones.
The high pressure oil seals are not the same as low pressure engine oil seals from car parts shops.

SidecarFlip

Threads
I use my QD forks on one of the farm tractors.