Mojack?? or alternative

Point37

Threads
I did a lot of research on mower jacks, and looked at a few that were in stock. They would all hit the deck on my rear discharge Fastrak without having the wheels in the cradles. I opted for a high lift scissor jack and big jack stands. Less than $75 for both. Might be slower, but I am not in a hurry.

in addition to the mojack pro i just bought...i have jack stands, a 1000lb motorcycle scissor lift, a come along (motorcycle chain style), a come along (cable style), a chain fall and a 1000lb warn electric pullzall winch...i just have to figure out the safest backup for the mojack...i'm thinking either the jack stands or the motorcycle lift

Johnba

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have used some ramps to drive the mower on just enough to get a hydraulic floor jack under the front edge of the deck then use safety jacks. Then I remove the the hydraulic jack for better access.

Now I use a Mojack for a Hustler 72 and 104 and an Exmark 50". Raises the deck higher and quicker than my old method. The electric drill winch option broke so now I just crank it. The 104 is pretty heavy so it may have broken the electric drill option. I set up a safety jack on each side of the deck so I can pull the Mojack back a couple of feet for better access. The blades are very accessible but the zerks on the 72 were installed facing to the rear.

It goes without saying to always use safety jacks even if you keep the Mojack in place. How much do you trust a Chinese winch and fabric strap?
Also I knew an aircraft A&P that was working on a retractable landing gear. It was late and he wanted to get home to his wife and kid so he did not take the time to put the jacks under the plane. Unfortunately he never went home again.

Be safe especially when you are tired at the end of a long day.

Kremeneon

Threads
I bought a jungle jack last year and am loving it so far. Just get the hook up underneath and grab onto the front of the deck, then pop it up and lay the jack on the ground. takes about 10 seconds.

Tomster

Threads
That looks neat, however I don't think it raises it quite as high as the others and it costs $230!

Kremeneon

Threads
That looks neat, however I don't think it raises it quite as high as the others and it costs $230!

Not AS high but plenty for me to comfortably get my impact wrench on the blade bolts with lots of room to spare. Yes pricey for what it is, but it is built like a tank and there is zero fiddly setup.

Tomster

Threads
Not AS high but plenty for me to comfortably get my impact wrench on the blade bolts with lots of room to spare. Yes pricey for what it is, but it is built like a tank and there is zero fiddly setup.

I agree, very simple, sturdy, and portable!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Some time ago I got some modified Accrow props ( builders floor props / jacks if the trade name means nothing)
These get used in place of axel stands because they are very stable and having screw height adjusters can be fitted where they are best, at the height I want not where the presets demand they be fitted.
These are much better than car stands which tend to be too short & truck stands which tend to be too wide.
In a pinch I have actually used them to lift mowers but as the threads are fairly fine, it can be a tedious job but got me out of the poo when I have left the big jack behind on more than one occasion.

Johnba

Forum Newbie
Threads
I agree with all the advantages of the Jungle Jack. A friend of mine gave me his when he sold his Hustler 60". I use it on my Exmark 50" and 48" John Deere riding mower but needed the Mojack for the heavier Hustler 72 & 104. The Jungle Jack may be strong enough for those but I wasn't.