Mojack?? or alternative

Carheir

Threads
What do you use to get your mower up so you can change blades, etc. Is a mojack the preferred tool or is there other alternatives?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
What do you use to get your mower up so you can change blades, etc. Is a mojack the preferred tool or is there other alternatives?

001.jpgimg_0522.jpg Works for me, I t's great for use on the 21" push mowers. I also use it on the 48" ztr and My Toro Grandstand.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a MoJack Pro that I've had for 3-4 years. This jack is primarily used at a cemetery to maintain a Hustler X-ONE with a rear discharge deck. I like the Pro as it has a higher capacity and with a winch for lifting, it is quicker than the jackscrew models. Initially it was purchased for use on an older model Hustler ZTR that with a front deck mounted engine was heavier in the front than the X-ONE ZTR. MoJack makes lower priced models with screwjacks, but all are easy to assemble, partially disassemble and store either on the ground or hanging on a wall. In the pics you can see that my shop has a pit, so I am able to get under most machines by turning them sideways across the pit and removing the pit covers.
There are many Chinese produced equipment jacks available in many configurations, none of which I would own. When items are manufactured with the primary idea of being easy to package, put in a container for shipment and with the end user being the least respected in this sequence of events, I'm not interested. I'm not saying that I don't have any Chinese manufactured equipment, but I will say that every single piece has had to be upgraded or modified in some way to make it work as was intended.
Just some thoughts from
Mad Mackie in CT:laughing::biggrin::smile:

Attachments

• MoJack Pro 001.JPG
    MoJack Pro 001.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 136
  • MoJack Pro 002.JPG
    MoJack Pro 002.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 102
  • MoJack Pro 003.JPG
    MoJack Pro 003.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 83
  • MoJack Pro 004.JPG
    MoJack Pro 004.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
For push mowers I just tip them carb up. For other stuff I have a jungle jack its nice but doesn't get the deck very far off the ground so all you old people may need something better. I worked on a 54" exmark a couple years back I needed access to the hydro are the jungle jack couldn't grip so I used a scissors jack and supported it with cinder blocks (careful cinder blocks can and will break think about weight distrbution) that worked for me I have been eyeballing the harbor freight mower lift like the mojack but I only work on one or two riders a year and I don't keep them

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
Harbor Freight has mower lift for $89.99 plus shipping. I'm thinking about getting that or mojack from northern tool.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
For $20 you can get a come along hoist. Then you can lift the front or the back. Lifts higher then a mower lift so you can sit on a stool and not lay on the ground.

Last edited:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Harbor Freight has mower lift for $89.99 plus shipping. I'm thinking about getting that or mojack from northern tool.

I saw one like those at tractor supply. you won't like what you get unless you like flimsy. If you watch the Mojack goes on sale all the time for like $99.00 at TS

Carheir

Threads
Will the base model Mojack work on the x1i?

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
With the front wheels straight, you need to measure the distance between the wheels and the outside of the wheels. Go to the Mojack website and check the specs for the different ZTR capable jacks.