hydrogear zt-2800 stopped turning Gravely ZT HD 52"

blueday

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey guys,

New here. I'm trying to help my grandfather out. He had a leak in left side hydrogear from the charge pump. I replaced the charge pump gasket and refilled the transmission case with new fluid per the manual and continued with the purge procedure. I did the purge procedure multiple times but no luck. The transmission does not turn at all when the lever is pushed in forward or reverse. I can turn the shaft/wheel hub fwd/rev by hand so nothing is frozen up. (Turns fine with bypass on and off).

A little history on the mower......has about 300hours on it. Transmissions have never had the fluid and filters changed (I know, I know).Mower has always had a lot of power and steered great.

I'm about to bring it into a shop but I was hoping someone here could advise me on trying to fix this for my grandfather. I've rebuilt a few cas and v8 engines so I'm not too scared to dig into it if I need to.

Thanks,

Ryan

MRCo.

Threads
Contamination caused internal damage allowing a fluid by pass? What fluid did you use? It should be 20w50 in that tranny.

blueday

Forum Newbie
Threads
Contamination caused internal damage allowing a fluid by pass? What fluid did you use? It should be 20w50 in that tranny.

Could be since filters have never been changed. I may buy a new filter, change and they again. Yes I used castrol 20w50 per the manual.