Found another one!

Alanky

Threads
What better way to spend a cold sleeting day than saving a snapper from the scrap yard!? This mower is in great shape to come from a scrap yard. I think it got scrapped only because of a stripped starter gear. Once the weather shapes up this one will probably be mowing again!

JunkyardSnapper_zps82d6e8b4.jpg

JunkyardSnapper2_zpse8ecf7ab.jpg

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Nice grab.

You have to love people that scrap a mower because of a $5 part.

Threads
Good catch!.. Those little mowers are really good for hilly terrain.

Alanky

Threads
Good catch!.. Those little mowers are really good for hilly terrain.

Yea, surprisingly they do decent on hills. As long as the drive disk is up to snuff. I buy about any reasonably priced snapper machine I come across. This isn't all of them, just how many I had to move so I could get a picture of one for snapperfreak.

IMAG0984_zps0cede15d.jpg
[/QUOTE]t

Alanky

Threads
I bet this is the reason it was scrapped. This is a new one on me though. I've seen plenty of stripped starter gears, but never a stripped flywheel gear too. Infact I looked at the other 3 snappers in my garage and none of them have a plastic flywheel gear. They look to be aluminum and made into the flywheel. I've got several more down in the shed, but didn't feel like walking through the snow to look at them. Wonder how hard this plastic flywheel gear will be to find and replace. I assume replacing it is as simple as taking the flywheel off..guess I will figure out what all is involved after this weather shapes up. I think this thing will be a runner! shame it don't have a backup recoil start!

junkyard_zps40ac4f70.jpg

tybilly

Threads
Yea, surprisingly they do decent on hills. As long as the drive disk is up to snuff. I buy about any reasonably priced snapper machine I come across. This isn't all of them, just how many I had to move so I could get a picture of one for snapperfreak.

IMAG0984_zps0cede15d.jpg
t[/QUOTE]

awesome,you could start your own dealership

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
You can't just pop on a pull start... If it doesn't have the crank stub for a pull start, it will not work.....

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
You should also replace the correct ring gear with the correct starter gear, not a hard fix....

Alanky

Threads
You can't just pop on a pull start... If it doesn't have the crank stub for a pull start, it will not work.....

I'm aware of that, I was just wishing they all had a backup pull start! I don't suspect it will be to difficult of a fix. As soon as the weather gets nicer, I'll find out!