The First Daffodil

Lawn Addict
Threads
BlazNT- Our temps are bouncing up & down as well. Yet the grass/ weeds are not paying attention to that.

NorthBama

Threads
I could cut grass this week if it wasn't so wet. Another big rain storm coming tonight.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I saw the first daffodil of 2020 today and it's still January!daffodil-2019-1.jpg

AVB

Threads
Well that is a little slow for this season I seen them around here in Southern Tennessee in late December 2019. Just another sign the climate is changing to warmer winters.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Come on to northern Wisconsin, 2 feet on the ground.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I could cut grass, but I still have my stuff put up. Besides I'm still waiting on winter.

Last edited:

AVB

Threads
That how crazy the weather has been the last few years. Some never see winter, other wish it would end soon, and some of us it is just yo-yoing. It is nothing like it was when I was kid around here. Actually the weather is more like a yo-yo this time of year here. One day it is 70 and the next it is in the 10-20's. Yesterday it was nearly 70 again. Bad enough I getting confused but the plants are now getting confused.

We got folks on the West coast praying for rain while those on the East wishing it would stop. We got farmers in the middle that during Summer badly needing rain to only recieve it when they don't need it washing away their crops.

7394, Right now my place needs mowing too but my lawn is more like a rice patty so I would need a mower with flotation tires or a hover mower. Here I had to beef up a 42" Yard Machines mower with a 21hp engine (came with a 16.5 hp) and a 5/8 deck belt just so I can cut grass whenever it is dry enough. I actually need a bush hog type rotary mower to cut my lawn at times.

NorthBama

Threads
its been a mild wet winter here no flowers blooming yet. I think we have about 2 more weeks of cold yet. Usually our daffodils bloom med February. Hope everyone is having a great day.

Last edited:

Lawn Addict
Threads
7394, Right now my place needs mowing too but my lawn is more like a rice patty so I would need a mower with flotation tires or a hover mower. Here I had to beef up a 42" Yard Machines mower with a 21hp engine (came with a 16.5 hp) and a 5/8 deck belt just so I can cut grass whenever it is dry enough. I actually need a bush hog type rotary mower to cut my lawn at times.

Yeoww, that's wet.

its been a mild wet winter here no flowers blooming yet. I think we have about 2 more weeks of cold yet. Usually our daffodils bloom med February. Hope everyone is having a great day.

2 Weeks is too soon, I'm not ready..

Thanks the day has been ok..